1.    #1  
    I'm using the 6-07 nightly and my battery life isn't great...it's OK but not great. Are there any battery life patches that are available that improve this?
    - techlover10, long time webOS fan and Pulse News supporter
    Please check out my thread at http://forums.webosnation.com/app-re...may-think.html
    Quote Originally Posted by techlover10 View Post
    I'm using the 6-07 nightly and my battery life isn't great...it's OK but not great. Are there any battery life patches that are available that improve this?
    did you turn Google Talk n Voice off?

Make sure you are signed out of both.
  3.    #3  
    I didn't know about talk but I want voice signed in because I use it a lot.
    Please check out my thread at http://forums.webosnation.com/app-re...may-think.html
    Thats your choice, just know that Talk/ Voice being signed in seems to increase battery usage..

Did you Overclock?

That also affects battery life.
    What is your definition of not great battery life?
    PS: One more tip.

go to the Google Play store, and download a app call ROOTDIM.

This will allow you to DIM your backlighting even more than the "lowest" that CM9 allows you to do, by default.

Indoors, this saves additional power, and extends your battery life.

CM9 is definitely taking up more battery than WebOS (why? not sure) but there are tricks/tweeks to extend it in CM9....

Any others out there?
  7.    #7  
    @beardedspoooon My touchpad goes from 100 to 90 way faster than webOS, after it hits 89 I just feel like it still goes faster.
    @fsx100 no I did not over clock, but I didn't know about root dim and I will try it soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by techlover10 View Post
    @beardedspoooon My touchpad goes from 100 to 90 way faster than webOS, after it hits 89 I just feel like it still goes faster.
    @fsx100 no I did not over clock, but I didn't know about root dim and I will try it soon.
    I'm around 1% per hour on AOKP. Wifi set to never sleep, Gmail sync, and so on.

All notifications for Google+ turned off, Facebook sync hourly, most sync settings for various games disabled.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by beardedspoooon View Post
    I'm around 1% per hour on AOKP. Wifi set to never sleep, Gmail sync, and so on.

All notifications for Google+ turned off, Facebook sync hourly, most sync settings for various games disabled.
    I went the CM9 route because more people have experience with it and it seemed like the best choice for me; I thought about AOKP but decided against it. I don't use any social networks, just Gmail and Google Voice which have sync on of course and also push. I never let wifi sleep, and I do not use a live wallpaper (in case anyone cares). I am now using the 6-22 nightly, and battery life seems to be tolerable. I'm planning on updating to a July nightly eventually but I haven't seen any changes compelling enough to make it worth upgrading to. Are there even any improvements on battery life anymore?
    Get the app Rootdim

Turn the back lighting to 10-15%...

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk
    Also, if you are not using it daily, turn Bluetooth off....

Well upgrading to the new versions might results in the battery drain s you use many applications. So better if you have any applications left that you are not using with, then better to sign out and uninstall them as they helps for the battery life.
    Quote Originally Posted by fsx100 View Post
    Also, if you are not using it daily, turn Bluetooth off....

Good to know, thanks.