Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    Well, this mic test zip is very encouraging work. I flashed it and downloaded the free "easy voice recording" app and the "shazam" name that tune music recognition app, and they both worked over well for me.

Goo.im Downloads - Downloading cm9-tenderloin-mictest-signed.zip
    Jophiel and Firepower like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by paulieesther View Post
    Well, this mic test zip is very encouraging work. I flashed it and downloaded the free "easy voice recording" app and the "shazam" name that tune music recognition app, and they both worked over well for me.

Goo.im Downloads - Downloading cm9-tenderloin-mictest-signed.zip
    Guess this will be part of the nightlys soon...

Not sure I want to install it yet, as I an not sure what effect updating to the next nightly will have on it.
    is there a forum post about this Mic test ? , hope if makes the nightlies , never see anything in change logs about changes for touchpad.

Installed and work fine. very encouraging
    Last edited by Firepower; 06/12/2012 at 06:41 AM.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Firepower View Post
    is there a forum post about this Mic test ? , hope if makes the nightlies , never see anything in change logs about changes for touchpad.

Installed and work fine. very encouraging
    I saw a post here somewhere linking to the rootzwiki forum where guys were saying they installed it and it worked. So I took the plunge and decided this probably needed its own thread here.
  5.    #5  
    Not in the new nightly yet. I had to reapply after upgrading to June 12th nightly.
    I downloaded and flashed it but Sound Hound still said it couldn't detect a mic. Didn't try any other apps.
    SoundHound does work with the new audiolibs in testing, but it causes other problems. There was talk that it would be merged in the next nightly, but I would wonder about that, given the new problems. Maybe they'll figure it out in time for the next nightly, maybe the one after that. I hope that it is a simple fix, because it also fixes the assistant programs that are Android's answer to Siri.

In the meantime, the current mic test does work fine with Shazam and the few voice recorders that I tried.

The updates are coming fast and furious. It won't be long now. We'll have a working mic in two weeks (if not sooner ).
    One other note about the new audiolibs, I would wait until they're merged. You never know what you're installing.

Just be happy about the encouraging news.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I just loaded up the 13th June daily and the mic driver is not embedded. I had to load it in separately.

Alan
    I'm a noob and feel stupid asking this, but how do you install it?
    - techlover10, long time webOS fan and Pulse News supporter
    Please check out my thread at http://forums.webosnation.com/app-re...may-think.html
    Never mind I got it I can also use the speech recognition on the mic on the keyboard now and it works pretty well
    - techlover10, long time webOS fan and Pulse News supporter
    Please check out my thread at http://forums.webosnation.com/app-re...may-think.html
  12.    #12  
    I just downloaded the 0620 nightly and the microphone update is included now.
    Thanks for the update. Will have a play when I get home from work. If Skype calls work I'll be a happy bunny. That's the only thing I miss at the moment from webOS.
  14.    #14  
    I just messed around with the Google voice search and it worked like a champ
    Excellent. I'll have to update tonight. Thanks for the heads up!
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Yes, I got the on-board microphone to work as well. Speech recognition Google search seemed pretty darned good. And Skype works for voice calls. Can't wait for that camera breakthrough!

Does this mean that a mic on a headset will work as well? Haven't tested it yet. Just wondering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jshandell View Post
    Yes, I got the on-board microphone to work as well. Speech recognition Google search seemed pretty darned good. And Skype works for voice calls. Can't wait for that camera breakthrough!

Does this mean that a mic on a headset will work as well? Haven't tested it yet. Just wondering.
    I dont think he HP Touchpad's 3.5 mm audio jack supports a headset with a mic

I thought it was only audio out
    No joy on the mic for me. Downloaded and flashed the nightly and Google voice just chirps and says "Audio Problem" when I try and use it.
    ^^ Did you remember to wipe your caches before the upgrade?

BTW, I read that there has been progress made on the camera. Don't get too excited, as it may turn out to be another dead end, but it is very encouraging to hear that they are working on it.
    The microphone works flawlessly for me.

While I am amazed at the accuracy of the voice recognition (through Google's online service, so you'll need Wi-Fi), I am disappointed in the assistant software that's out there to decide what to do with the voice commands. The intelligent software isn't out there yet for Android, but as I said, the voice recognition is spot on (more accurate than my experience with Apple's).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast