1.    #1  
    hey all still a faithfull webOS user here on a touchpad. Anyways one of the biggest negatives to the touchpad is it can't be tethered to a regular device in my case a blackberry over Bluetooth in webOS. I'm going to be spending time out of the house the next few and I'll want to use the data access from my BB on my TP in places there is no public WiFi. So installing Android is the logical solution. I have a few questions though.

first I don't have anything backed up my TP besides what webOS does itself. I'm wondering if my browser bookmarks and launcher bookmark links are backed up? Not worried about music/picts I have on my TP

Secondly should I install CM7 or CM9? I've heard 9 might not have the Bluetooth dun support built in

lastly is it easy to remove android if I decide I no longer want it without effecting webOS?

thanks
    I'm typing this on my Bluetooth keyboard (the HP Touchpad one) while on Dolphin browser in CM9 so I can confidently say that the Bluetooth is working just fine. I can't speak specifically for your tethering application.

I don't know of any way to transfer your bookmarks between OS's but you'll still have webOS when you install CM9 so it's easy to reference them if you need.
  3.    #3  
    hrm well I decided to go ahead and install Android. Problem is it looks like I need Bluetooth DUN/PAN client on the android side to be able to access my blackberry for data. Not sure if there any apps out there for that or not that add the missing functionality to android. I couldn't find it in the settings menu.
    Sounds like an app to me, not a setting. Try searching around the Google Play store for what you're looking for.

As for removal, if you can install it, you can remove it. It's actually really easy, just drop the ACMEUninstaller, into the same directory that you put the ACMEInstaller2, type the command in the command line and away you go.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    crucialco, I know you are trying to tether to a blackberry via bluetooth but I tether to my android phone via wifi with an app called Foxfi. It is secure & works great - maybe there is an app like it for your RIM device.

Good luck,

Sent from my Samsung Epic 4g using Tapatalk.
  6.    #6  
    yeah well I actually wound up installing cynagen a few times and removing it with the ACMEUninstaller. I've been having problems getting google apps to install along with it using the latest nightly builds of CM9.

Anyways it looks like I'm in a similar boat with Android as webos when it comes to tethering to my Blackberry. You see my blackberry uses bluetooth DUN while android uses PAN. I haven't been able to find an app or another easy way to get it working yet. The Closest I have come is an app called PDAnet tablet however the blackberry portion of the app says coming soon and hasn't been updated since last march.

Not sure if there is something else out that will work. I wish my Blackberry had wif built in or better yet I could get a better phone
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Sounds like an app to me, not a setting. Try searching around the Google Play store for what you're looking for.

As for removal, if you can install it, you can remove it. It's actually really easy, just drop the ACMEUninstaller, into the same directory that you put the ACMEInstaller2, type the command in the command line and away you go.
    Does that also restore the partition it created as well, or is it the exact same functionality as the Remove Android thing in Preware?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.