Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By fsx100
  • 1 Post By Deradorn
  1.    #1  
    Ok, so I *finally* took the CM9 on TP plunge this weekend, and wished I had had the following at my fingertips, so I am posting the details here:

1st word of advice: USE THE LATEST NIGHTLY. They are far better/more stable than the Alpha's. You can get them here at:

CyanogenMod Downloads

The download will need to be flashed using ClockWorkMod (CWM), when you reboot the TP.

Or in the Google Play/Market, find "GooManager" and install it. It will automatically download the latest build etc, and download it for you.

Also, IF you have an issue with your Google Calendar not syncing, you will need to download the "Gapps Fix" and flash it using CWM.

(Find it using a simple Google Search. I will update this post at a later date, once find an easily accessible link to it. The one I used, is hosted at another forum, and I am not sure about the rules to link to such files).

Also, download "Cyboot" from Preware. It helps you set which OS to default boot to, and set a timed default boot etc.

Also, download ADW Launcher from the Play/Market store. Its much better than the "stock" CM9 launcher, and supports widgets etc, which (apparently) the stock launcher doesnt.

At the beginning of the weekend, I had it set to default boot to WebOS. By last night, "unfortunately", I had set it to CM9. I still have WebOS for when I need it, especially for Skype Video Conferencing (which I use a LOT with relatives overseas) but all my already purchased Android apps (on Galaxy S phone, and Nook Color) make it hard not to default to CM9.

But its good to know that WebOS is there, in-case CM9 (still not 100%) craps out.
    Last edited by fsx100; 06/05/2012 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Update info.
    I have the same problem you did. I went from the alpha-2 build to the 06-04 nightly. Now my calendar will not sync and Play Store will not launch.

Could you PLEASE post the link for the gapps fixer? I am doing searches and every site I found wants you to register for something that looks like it will install every spyware application ever built onto your PC and charge your credit card for it. I found one site that looked legit but it failed to install. ARGH!!!!!
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    I have the same problem you did. I went from the alpha-2 build to the 06-04 nightly. Now my calendar will not sync and Play Store will not launch.

Could you PLEASE post the link for the gapps fixer? I am doing searches and every site I found wants you to register for something that looks like it will install every spyware application ever built onto your PC and charge your credit card for it. I found one site that looked legit but it failed to install. ARGH!!!!!
    Ok. Here's the link:

Installing CM9 (Android 4.x - ICS) on Touchpad

You WILL need to register for the forum, but its safe/legit.

And if you get a error with the Gapps Fixer file (I did the 1st time dl'ed it), try again. (download n flash w/CWM)
    saeedmashti likes this.
    Thank you. It failed upon first install with TWRP until I unselected the Verify MD5, and Verify ZIP files options. It then installed but I have the same issue. I have the latest gapps-ics-20120429.zip installed. I am being told on another thread that I need to Factory Reset and start from scratch to get Play Store to work again. ARGHH!!!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    Thank you. It failed upon first install with TWRP until I unselected the Verify MD5, and Verify ZIP files options. It then installed but I have the same issue. I have the latest gapps-ics-20120429.zip installed. I am being told on another thread that I need to Factory Reset and start from scratch to get Play Store to work again. ARGHH!!!
    Whats TWRP?
    TeamWin Recovery Project, or twrp for short. It is a replacement for clockworkmod. The big difference is that it is graphical. So when I go into moboot, the option for clockworkmod has been replaced with TWRP. I installed it with GooManager - by accident.... I had downloaded the latest nightly build through GooManager and was trying to flash it using GooManager... It asked something about having a recovery agent. I thought it was asking me if I wanted to backup the current image and clicked no. So then it asked me if I wanted to download a recovery agent and I said yes..... anyway, I now have TWRP instead of clockworkmod LOL.

Here is a link to a picture and some info about. The GUI picture looks a little bit different than mine. I think I might have a newer version but you get the idea from it. I like having the touch interface instead of having to use the volume buttons and main button to select everything.

Back to my issue.... Bit the bullet and reset to factory. Booted it up and set up my gmail account. The calendar and Play Store is now working but..... why is this thing now restoring every app I have on my EVO 3D phone to my Touchpad? The Alpha-2 build did not do that. It started everything out from scratch and restored nothing from my phone. Which brings me to the next question, why does the nightly build look like a Galaxy Nexus? I even got an email welcoming me to my Galaxy Nexus in gmail. The Alpha-2 looked nothing like the Nexus.
    WARNING dont charge with dock using CM9 , if something goes wrong or dock is unplugged will drain battery dead flat to point where it cant charge at all, best to have it reboot to webOS using cyboot and charge with dock.

cm9 cant detect low battery and go into sleep like webOS.

http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...-can-i-do.html
    Just read through the thread and it was very interesting. I have used the Touchstone without issue. It sounds like they are saying the problem only happens if your Touchpad is already on very low battery levels while charging. The other thing is that they were using the a build from at least 3 months ago. Probably is the Alpha-2 build which was made in February. A LOT of things have been fixed since in the current 6-4 build. The reboot button in ICS didn't even work right, would shutdown the Touchpad. The Alpha-2 build was ICS 4.03 and the current on ICS 4.04. Will try to find out if this was fixed.
    I took the plunge and went ahead and bought Nova Launcher. Love it.

Also, if anyone has only recently taken the plunge and haven't spent a whole lot of time customizing their TouchPads with CM9, I recommend giving AOKP a try. It feels much smoother to me than the latest CM9 nightly did. The only problem that I've run into so far anyway were 2 reboots while I was playing a game.
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    The factory reset isn't really all that bad and fixes a number of things. It autmatically will re-download all your apps. You have to set up email and such again, but I have done it a couple times and it only took 10-15 minutes from begining to end. Have no fear.
    Jim Altman
    Palm III ->Treos 600->650->750->Pro->Pre Plus->Pre 2->Pre3+TouchPad
    here are change log for all android devices. Below link is for HP Touchpad CM9 Tenderloin

BBQLog - CyanogenMod Changelog
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    The power issue has been fixed apparently. Use 6/13 or later.

Alan
    Still using CM7 on my Touchpad. It works great EXCEPT that the wifi connection drops repeatedly when watching Netflix streaming videos. Would like to switch up to CM9 but understand that the video is still not working on CM9. No updates lately? Ideas before I buy a different tablet? Really like the Touchpad but very tired of waiting for WiFi to reset while watching movies. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I put android on my touchpad for the first time tonight and I am loving it . I used the most recent cm9 nightly and everything seem to working great. Even watching netfix. the only thing I can find wrong is the camera doesn't work but frankly the camera was pretty sucky to begin with .I wish I had done this a long time ago.
    toaste likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deradorn View Post
    I put android on my touchpad for the first time tonight and I am loving it . I used the most recent cm9 nightly and everything seem to working great. Even watching netfix. the only thing I can find wrong is the camera doesn't work but frankly the camera was pretty sucky to begin with .I wish I had done this a long time ago.
    Yeah!
    It's never too late!
    You can easily boot to webOS for sucky camera use if nec!

l)