1.    #1  
    The brighthouse tv app says it will not run on rooted devices. I also installed it in my iPhone 4s and said the same thing for my jailbreak. There is a workaround for the iPhone and iPads. Is there a workaround for ics? If so where can I find it. I will love to get this working on my Hp touchpad. Please help...
    Hello,

My name is Gary and I am the Online Forums Manager for Bright House Networks. You are correct, rooted devices are excluded from using the App. The simple reason behind it is that we are required to ensure that the DRM protecting the content you are viewing is upheld. With a rooted device there is the possibility these protections could be circumvented.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    So when do we expect a WebOS version for Touchpad users?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by BHNtechXpert View Post
    Hello,

My name is Gary and I am the Online Forums Manager for Bright House Networks. You are correct, rooted devices are excluded from using the App. The simple reason behind it is that we are required to ensure that the DRM protecting the content you are viewing is upheld. With a rooted device there is the possibility these protections could be circumvented.
    Gary thank you for your reply. So let me see if i understand this correctly. You block usage of the app on rooted devices because you feel that some how the content wont be protected but all the while you would give me a cable card that i can put on my pc and record all the shows i want with windows media and do what ever i want with them. if my intentions were to use a primitive device such as a touchpad or ipad to try and record shows from the app, what do you suppose i will do with them then? furthermore what is the difference between a pc or laptop(which is a mobile device) and a tablet?
    i have it on my azpen tablet and it wont play any channels it says we are unable to present channel please try a different channel it says that on every channel