webOS Nation Forums >  Other OS's and Devices >  Android on webOS > Novacom Stuck on "Initializing"
Novacom Stuck on "Initializing"
Like Tree4Likes

Old 08/03/2012, 11:47 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by plgnply View Post
Do any of you actually end up with Novacom being installed to your program files (or program files x86)?
On an xp system they are located in /program files/palm, inc/
You might also find them in \Program Files (x86)\HP webOS\SDK\bin

Also, have you all tried installing the drivers using the standalone jar installer by jason robataille?
universal-novacom-installer - Universal Novacom Installer - Google Project Hosting

One last thought is to ensure that you have your TP in the bootie recovery mode.
First, turn the touchpad off as directed above (shut it down completely, and disconnect the usb from your computer). Second, while the touchpad is OFF, hold the volume-UP button (i.e. left side). Third, while holding this button, plug the touchpad into the computer via USB and continue to hold the volume-UP button until you see the USB symbol on the TP's screen. This -should- get bootie up and running and show you an USB symbol on the touchpad screen.
How to go back to normal screen

EDIT - got it

Last edited by Utkarsh webos; 08/03/2012 at 11:50 AM. Reason: resolved my problem
Utkarsh webos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/04/2012, 10:54 AM   #22 (permalink)

I got stuck on "installing driver" box while trying to install novacom driver on Win 7 64bit.

Here's what I did. Go to
How To Install Android Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0.4) on HP TouchPad - YouTube

and download the zip package in the link
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwWp...UUk/edit?pli=1

click download anyway
There are 8 files.

Run the novacominstaller x64.msi

It will create the Palm directory in program files with the novacom.exe file there

I haven't gone past that yet in the instructions, but at least it installed the novacom file.
gergev is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: vegas89134
Old 08/04/2012, 12:45 PM   #23 (permalink)

I followed instructions in the above youtube link which were very simple.
After I ran ACMEInstaller2 from the cmd prompt it took about 11 minutes for android to install on my 16GB TP with 6GB free space. After install there is 4GB left on SD card.
gergev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/06/2012, 09:17 AM   #24 (permalink)

I was able to resolve the Novacom driver installation issue with my W7 64-bit computer (it seems many other people have this issue as well)

Even trying the Universal Novacom Installer didn't help - it stayed hung on initializing.

After trying a bunch of things, I downloaded this, but OPENED IT WITH WINRAR, NOT JAVA

http://downloads.help.palm.com/webos...5hstnhwifi.jar

There is a file inside the 'Resources' folder called NovacomInstaller_x64.msi (there is also a NovacomInstaller_x86.msi if you have this problem with a 32-bit OS). Just run the file, and the installation will go smoothly.

This installer doesn't validate or download anything from any remote servers - it is completely self-contained, so it will work even if the Universal Novacom Installer or the WebOS Quick Installer won't download the Novacom drivers.
mikem2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: QuayPad
Old 08/27/2012, 08:19 PM   #25 (permalink)

I have windows 7 and whenever I try to install novacom it gets stuck on initializing. I tried the above method, but I cant find the msi files. It just comes up as the jar file.
ln1821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/29/2012, 05:10 AM   #26 (permalink)

I had no issues many months ago downloading WebOS Quick Installer and NOVACOM ,where I have preware and internalz pro still on my TP, but I had to do a fresh install on my PC which is running XP. I'm having the same issue as others with novacom getting stuck in the same mode.
RickFelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/29/2012, 05:55 AM   #27 (permalink)

Check my signature for link to Novacom (bottom of the page). There's also a new UNI out. Get it from its GitHub page
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/04/2012, 06:01 PM   #28 (permalink)

Here's an article on how to install the Novacom drivers if you're having problems with the installation : REVTV - Universal Novacom Driver Installer - FIXED!.
stevent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/04/2012, 06:14 PM   #29 (permalink)

Not for Android, but recently was having problems with Novacom (had never had a problem before including on this win7 64 bit). I finally went with the installer from palm.com and it finally worked, this was after a few days of brief here and there troubleshooting.
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/07/2012, 07:45 PM   #30 (permalink)

This worked for me Downloads - universal-novacom-installer - Universal Novacom Installer - Google Project Hosting

For some reason WebOSQI continues to say no device is connected, but I don't need it to install a build of Android correct?
RickFelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/22/2012, 08:02 AM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by plgnply View Post
Do any of you actually end up with Novacom being installed to your program files (or program files x86)?
On an xp system they are located in /program files/palm, inc/
You might also find them in \Program Files (x86)\HP webOS\SDK\bin

Also, have you all tried installing the drivers using the standalone jar installer by jason robataille?
universal-novacom-installer - Universal Novacom Installer - Google Project Hosting

One last thought is to ensure that you have your TP in the bootie recovery mode.
First, turn the touchpad off as directed above (shut it down completely, and disconnect the usb from your computer). Second, while the touchpad is OFF, hold the volume-UP button (i.e. left side). Third, while holding this button, plug the touchpad into the computer via USB and continue to hold the volume-UP button until you see the USB symbol on the TP's screen. This -should- get bootie up and running and show you an USB symbol on the touchpad screen.

Thanks much..am glad this solution worked for me after firewall disabling
Sambasiva Bandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/19/2013, 07:35 AM   #32 (permalink)

i ma struck......my laptop is unable to download novacom..what should i do now..plz help me....
Sada Shiv is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0