Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By fxspec06
  • 1 Post By MudShark22
  1. k3u
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Well, both my girlfriend's and niece's HP touchpad's charging port does not work anymore and they have Cyanogen mods (Ice Cream Sandwich) installed on them and now we're sending them back to HP however if Android is installed, it's considered voided. So I was wondering if there's a way to do a fresh install of webOS and overwriting everything on the HP Touchpad without using a computer since the port is broken and the computer cannot recognize the device.

Thank you!
    Search Preware for "Remove Android"
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    I don't think HP will mind, in my opinion. They'd never admit it, but I'm sure the team they've got is plenty familiar with everything that's happened and, even though they'd never put it in writing, I'd like to think everyone there would choose not to exercise their power to "void" a warranty simply because they received a TouchPad that had Android installed on it.

I realize there are companies out there *cough carriers cough* that go out of their way to LOOK for reasons NOT to service their customers. I have not seen any of this behavior from HP / Palm.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

sledge007 likes this.
    <thread moved>
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Search Preware for "Remove Android"
    This. However, it does not reclaim the space back to webos. I am not sure how important that is in this particular situation.

To reclaim the space, one could use Tailor feom the preware webosinternals Beta feeds.
    sledge007 likes this.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Are you SURE you do not just need a new cable?