Like Tree10Likes
  • 3 Post By xezat
  • 1 Post By rwhitby
  • 2 Post By OldSkoolVWLover
  • 2 Post By Rnp
  • 2 Post By OldSkoolVWLover
  1.    #1  
    they have virtually the same hardware as the tp 4g and that works. bit the 7" touchpad go won't continue with the install. it stops a few li es after running acmeinstall. any idea?
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    ...why are you committing sacrilege on such a rare device is all I'm wondering...

I dunno, you made sure you had all the right stuff like the novacom and such? You're kinda in a unique situation given how rare your tablet is.
    Quote Originally Posted by sancase View Post
    they have virtually the same hardware as the tp 4g and that works. bit the 7" touchpad go won't continue with the install. it stops a few li es after running acmeinstall. any idea?
    It would require a different kernel for a start...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Rnp likes this.
    You might have better luck asking over at rootzwiki
    Touchpad Handbrake Video Settings:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...eset-dvds.html

My collection of backgrounds for WebOS:
    http://s1141.photobucket.com/albums/...%20Wallpapers/
    Quote Originally Posted by Xezat View Post
    ...why are you committing sacrilege on such a rare device is all I'm wondering....
    I have asked this every time this topic comes up. I couldn't imagine risking the health of such a device.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    xezat and Rnp like this.
    Heavens!!! No!!! There is MANY Android tablets with 7"!!

Sancase, if you accept, I can buy some androtab and change with you!! Yes, is serious!!

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    xezat and OldSkoolVWLover like this.
  7.    #7  
    ...why are you committing sacrilege on such a rare device is all I'm wondering...

I dunno, you made sure you had all the right stuff like the novacom and such? You're kinda in a unique situation given how rare your tablet is.
    haha.. I know its rare. and yes I have all the essentials to flash it back to its original state. its not the webos doctor, its a different way of flashing the device. thats why im confident to try cm9. and cm9 worked on my 4g TP. Dont get mw wrong I love webos i just wanna try android and the apps it offers.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Heavens!!! No!!! There is MANY Android tablets with 7"!!

Sancase, if you accept, I can buy some androtab and change with you!! Yes, is serious!!

Best Regards...
    hmmmm, Inticing.
    Last edited by sancase; 05/24/2012 at 05:31 PM.
    haha.. I know its rare. and yes I have all the essentials to flash it back to its original state. its not the webos doctor, its a different way of flashing the device. thats why im confident to try cm9. and cm9 worked on my 4g TP. Dont get mw wrong I love webos i just wanna try android and the apps it offers.
    It's going to need it's own kernel as Rod said.

Since it's such a rare device, you probably are going to have nil support from others. It's going to be a pretty much a massive DIY project to get CM9 on that thing.
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    At the very least tell us how you came upon such a rare device?
    Hey be glad to give you my Kindle Fire for the TouchPad Go, just say the word.
  12.    #12  
    At the very least tell us how you came upon such a rare device?
    I use to work for them, my x-coworker hooked me up with the devices.
    I'm glad my eyes aren't playing tricks on me. I'd hate to see anybody with such a rare device do anything to get themselves in trouble. It would require a custom kernel and drivers to run Android.

Look at the trouble they're having just getting the camera and microphone running on the standard TouchPads.

Did I read correctly in your above post that an x-coworker hooked you up with devices (plural)? Do you have more than one TP Go?
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Do Not Touch View Post
    I'm glad my eyes aren't playing tricks on me. I'd hate to see anybody with such a rare device do anything to get themselves in trouble. It would require a custom kernel and drivers to run Android.

Look at the trouble they're having just getting the camera and microphone running on the standard TouchPads.

Did I read correctly in your above post that an x-coworker hooked you up with devices (plural)? Do you have more than one TP Go?
    different devices. 4gTP, Pre3 and the Go
  15.    #15  
    heres how it looks like
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Did you work at a factory in China producing these?
  17.    #17  
    hahaha.no, I just like webos
    I so hate HP for killing this device....
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Rnp and xandros9 like this.
  19.    #19  
    true..never gave it enough chance.
    true..never gave it ANY chance.
    FTFY