webOS Nation Forums >  Other OS's and Devices >  Android on webOS > SD Card on TouchPad?
SD Card on TouchPad?

Old 05/15/2012, 10:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

why does the CM9 keep saying SD Card? ... as far as I know there is no SD Card slot that we can use in the TouchPad? someone please enlighten me ...
albert_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/16/2012, 07:49 AM   #2 (permalink)

It's the media file location on your Touchpad. It works the same way on the Nexus S 4g. There is not SD card, only a partition in the phone memory.
cjstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by albert_e, TJude
Old 02/15/2013, 09:43 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjstealth View Post
It's the media file location on your Touchpad. It works the same way on the Nexus S 4g. There is not SD card, only a partition in the phone memory.
Thanks! So it's just that media subdirectory on the Touchpad - even though that subdirectory has virtually nothing in it except one ringtone?
TJude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/15/2013, 12:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

SD card is the standard Android name for data storage... If there were an SD card slot then you would have internal and external SD card listed for locations... No matter what types of storage they actually are.
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/15/2013, 02:04 PM   #5 (permalink)

when you "move to SD card" on cyanogenmod/touchpad android it just moves them to your webOS "/media/internal" which it thinks is an SD card, its a good tradeoff as both share space rather than partition themselves seperatly so tis more space efficient, tho it does mean both dont know or care of the way each other work.

This means webOS will unfortunatly start examining any android folders moved to the "SDcard" and will try to media index images/sound files and such, and can often make a total mess of your media apps on the webOS side. Android may do the same with regards to media on the webOS side as well, android should ideally be seperated at least into a root folder thats hidden by default to webOS as webOS doesnt media index hidden folders.

hmm i wonder if the sdcard location can idd be easily altered to a hidden from webOS "/media/internal/.androidsdcard" instead of "/media/internal"

Last edited by geekpeter; 02/15/2013 at 05:08 PM.
geekpeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/25/2013, 06:38 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
hmm i wonder if the sdcard location can idd be easily altered to a hidden from webOS "/media/internal/.androidsdcard" instead of "/media/internal"
In CM10, /sdcard is a symlink to /mnt/sdcard, which is itself a symlink to /storage/sdcard0 (the mount point).

It shouldn't be too big an upheaval to change the /mnt/sdcard symlink to point to /storage/sdcard0/.androidsdcard - though, to be fair I haven't tested this ^_^

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0