1.    #1  
    I own a WD TV Live Streaming Media Player and was hoping to use the official Android app "WD TV Remote"

But the app page says it is incompatible with CM9

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...wdremote&hl=en

Any idea why and what it takes to be compatible with CM9?

I have installed a few dozens of apps on CM9 in the last few days and this is the only one I could not

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by albert_e View Post
    I own a WD TV Live Streaming Media Player and was hoping to use the official Android app "WD TV Remote"

But the app page says it is incompatible with CM9

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...wdremote&hl=en

Any idea why and what it takes to be compatible with CM9?

I have installed a few dozens of apps on CM9 in the last few days and this is the only one I could not

Thanks
    It may work if you rebrand the touch pad as a Samsung device.
    Try this:

Try Samsung SGH-T989 or Samsung GT-I9100 or the Sprint PG8100 for the build prop settings
    The wdtv live app on kindle fire wont log in and the app on IOS tells me I have to use the remote.??

Perhaps ask Sconix if his homebrew app-home control can include WD live.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulieesther View Post
    Try this:

Try Samsung SGH-T989 or Samsung GT-I9100 or the Sprint PG8100 for the build prop settings
    Thanks!

I can give it a shot but would like to know ...

Has someone tried this before?

Will it affect other apps?

Is it a temporary fix only to download the app or this change to Build.Prop has to remain in place all along?
    It's a permanent change, unless you change it back manually, the same way you changed it in the first place Or if you upgrade to a new nightly cm9 it will overwrite your changes and you will have to change them again.

Basically you're just trying to trick the app into thinking you're using a Samsung. It's possible the app will work perfectly well on touch pad, it just needs to be told that it's a Samsung or whatnot.

I've tried this and had varying success with apps that say "this app is not compatible with your device".

I've never had the change adversely effect any apps that were already working for me and break them.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    You can actually get the WD TV Remote app from the Amazon Appstore. They do not check your device.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    You can actually get the WD TV Remote app from the Amazon Appstore. They do not check your device.
    Sorry to sound like a n00b ...

this sounds like a good idea ... but do i install the Amazon Appstore App first ...like desribed here?

Install AmazonŽ Appstore

or is there a simpler way?
  9.    #9  
    I installed Amazon App Store and got the WD TV Remote app from there without any hassle

looks good and works perfectly!

Thanks a lot everyone for the tips ...

(I will keep the Build.prop tip for later ...might come in handy sometime)

you rock!
    I have a WD TV Live Streaming Media Player and a Touchpad with webos

But the web page for remote does NOT work on webos either ... well actually the OK button doesnt work everything else seems ok...

I had a look and it seems to be the way the OK button is encoded in the javascript
  11.    #11  
    @gderosite ...

I recommend you go ahead and install CM9

I did it 5 days ago after weeks of mulling over.. and i am blown away by the responsive UI and selection of apps ... and pretty stable

you should definitely give it a whirl