webOS Nation Forums >  Other OS's and Devices >  Android on webOS > TouchPad won't turn off after CM9 install
TouchPad won't turn off after CM9 install
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By shadavis08

Old 05/11/2012, 08:02 AM   #1 (permalink)

Installed CM9 on a friend's TouchPad, and all worked fine for me the twenty different times I rebooted the thing to demo it to them.

Now they take it home, and they say that when they press the power button that the TouchPad will not turn off when in webOS. Anyone else experience this?

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
DJeremyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/11/2012, 09:57 AM   #2 (permalink)

My tablet, when in CM9 mode and the latest nightlies. Don't know if this is relevant but the power button, upper right while in portrait mode, is operating differently then it used to. Usually, I depress it to turn off the screen when I go do something else, and when I get back push it again to have the display become active. Lately, If I depress, the screen goes dark, and then I depress again within a minute or two, the unit shut's down. Now, on the surface, this replay seems to have nothing to do with WebOS. However they may not be holding the power button long enough or maybe they are holding it to long and they are rebooting into CM9. Very speculative on my part.
richard443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/11/2012, 10:18 AM   #3 (permalink)

Well today I have tested and tested and tested it and I have not had a problem with shutting down whatsoever. I did afterwards go ahead and reinstall patches just to be sure nothing was conflicting...so the only other option is taht there is an app either in CM9 or webOS that is causing issues. I will give it back to them for the weekend and see how things go.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
Old 05/11/2012, 02:03 PM   #4 (permalink)

why have cm9 on that thing anyways lol webOS is much better
P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
shadavis08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by DJeremyC likes this.
Old 05/11/2012, 04:07 PM   #5 (permalink)

Since the TP only boots one uImage at a time, its not likely anything in webos is causing the issue.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Daughain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/14/2012, 03:30 PM   #6 (permalink)

Hmm...not sure, they had the same issue this weekend...

I have them paying more attention to what they are running when it happens to see it is a particular app etc. I might have to see if they will let me wipe it clean and start over. I havent ever done a webOS doctor on a TP with CM9 installed so not sure what to do on that end. Will a doctor erase CM9. That would be idea. I am guessing that a secure erase then a doctor would do the trick as it also erases the USB drive.

In short what is the best way to clear everything out and start fresh? and does that require wiping the USB partition?

Old 05/14/2012, 03:45 PM   #7 (permalink)

Doctor's do not erase the USB drive anymore & they don't reallocate partitions. You should completely uninstall Android with the AcmeUninstaller, and use Tailor to get back the space that is created for Android. Then do the secure erase followed by Doctor.
sledge007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/14/2012, 05:44 PM   #8 (permalink)

Sorry, for some reason I misread the op, thought the issue was when shutting down android. I'd like to see what's going on, honestly.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Daughain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/15/2012, 05:55 AM   #9 (permalink)

Stop doing anything to fix a problem you can't reproduce. If it is a serious enough issue for you to be spending your time on they should at the least be able to show that it is actually happening and goes beyond user error of some sort.
jyjjy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/24/2012, 09:46 AM   #10 (permalink)

I had a similar issue, but it happened before the actual CM9 install. Following the steps, I loaded all the files onto the TP in the cminstall file i created and so on. Then, per the instructions, ejected the TP so I could then turn it off to boot up in recovery mode, but could not get the TP to actually turn off. I THINK what happened is that I had hit the power off button before the TP had fully processed the "ejection" from the computer.

What I had to do was reset the TP by holding down the power and center/home button, then after that reset, I was able to shut down the TP again.
midmofan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cm9 webos, power, turn off

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0