Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    I haven't received a response on my other posts asking this question, so I guess it needs a new thread.

I was having problems getting the CM9 install to work properly, so I went through the uninstall using 'Remove Android' and I downloaded 'Tailor', but I don't really know what the heck to do with it. What exactly am I supposed to use Tailor for? It's showing three listings for Android...am I supposed to zero these out? What?

Someone help. I'd like to get the installation done properly, but I need to work out the UNinstallation first. There is no documentation on Tailor that I'm aware of and I don't want to just randomly change ****** without knowing what I'm doing.
    Iv'e never heard of tailor but I'm guessing it's something to cook your own rom with. If your not sure of what to leave or take out of the rom just leave it as is, or just install cm9 alpha 2 with acmeinstaller2 which is a fairly straightforward procedure now.
    Touchpad Handbrake Video Settings:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...eset-dvds.html

My collection of backgrounds for WebOS:
    http://s1141.photobucket.com/albums/...%20Wallpapers/
    Have you read the Tailor thread in the WebOS Internals forum? (it is not a 'rom', cooker)

-- Rod
    P.S. WebOS devices don't even have ROMs - if they did, you wouldn't be able to change the contents.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Have you read the Tailor thread in the WebOS Internals forum?
    I didn't know there was one. I did a search for tailor, but only came up with vague postings about using Tailor when removing android...no info on exactly what to do.

Do you have a link?
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    I didn't know there was one. I did a search for tailor, but only came up with vague postings about using Tailor when removing android...no info on exactly what to do.

Do you have a link?
    You can find some info on this side: http://en.webos-internals.org/wiki/Application:Tailor

It also provides the link to the aforementioned forum thread.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Tailor removes all the Android partitions and merges them into one big one.

Alan
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    Tailor removes all the Android partitions and merges them into one big one.

Alan
    I guess either I'm an ***** or it's just not properly explained anywhere...even in that thread linked above. I open Tailor and see five items in the "Select partion..." box:
    USB (media): 25.633 GiB
    Android (system): 304 MiB
    Android (cache): 200 MiB
    Android (data): 1.5 GiB
    Unused Space: 16 MiB

As part of the Android UNinstallation, what am I supposed to do with this information? Plain english, please...
    Delete the android partitions, then extend the USB partition with the free space created by those deletions.

Alternatively, you could have just used the ACMEUninstaller, as per the story on the front page of this site today.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Have you read the Tailor thread in the WebOS Internals forum? (it is not a 'rom', cooker)

-- Rod
    P.S. WebOS devices don't even have ROMs - if they did, you wouldn't be able to change the contents.
    Wow no need to be an ******* ! this IS actually posted in the android section. And you are wrong the touchpad has roms, how do you think so many people are running android on their touchpads?
    Touchpad Handbrake Video Settings:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...eset-dvds.html

My collection of backgrounds for WebOS:
    http://s1141.photobucket.com/albums/...%20Wallpapers/
    Hint: read up what R O M actually stands for...

-- Rod
    MikeN68 likes this.
  11.    #11  

Alternatively, you could have just used the ACMEUninstaller, as per the story on the front page of this site today.

-- Rod
    Well, if you'd read any of my other posts about this you'd know the ACMEUninstaller would not work for me.

http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ml#post3314708
    So did you get it figured out? The Preware "Remove Android" is NOT the recommended method of removing Android, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK. $ACMEUninstaller$ $will$ $remove$ $it$......$I$'$ve$ $used$ $it$ $twice$, $and$ $no$ $problems$.

Also, in THIS thread, you don't mention what problems you had, and we shouldn't have to go searching around to figure it out either.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    So did you get it figured out?
    Not entirely....

Delete the android partitions, then extend the USB partition with the free space created by those deletions.
    How do I extend the USB partition. When I select the USB (media) partition, the only option I see is "Unmount Partition". I guess people are assuming I know more than I do, even though I kinda already said I might be an ***** about this stuff...
    Well, if you'd read any of my other posts about this you'd know the ACMEUninstaller would not work for me.
    That's why I took the time and effort to develop the Remove Android and Tailor apps...

-- Rod
    Not entirely....

How do I extend the USB partition. When I select the USB (media) partition, the only option I see is "Unmount Partition". I guess people are assuming I know more than I do, even though I kinda already said I might be an ***** about this stuff...
    Have you read the documentation page and forum thread to which you have already been referred?

-- Rod
    Since the AcmeUninstaller seems to be AWOL, can i use your remove Android app? Im using webOS just fine, but want the extra space and no option to boot into Crapdroid.
    Quote Originally Posted by furball zen View Post
    Since the AcmeUninstaller seems to be AWOL, can i use your remove Android app? Im using webOS just fine, but want the extra space and no option to boot into Crapdroid.
    It's open source - anyone can use it.

-- Rod
    Found acme, but where is your Tailor? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by furball zen View Post
    Found acme, but where is your Tailor? Thanks.
    Have you read the documentation page which has already been referred to earlier in this thread?

-- Rod
    Have you read the documentation page which has already been referred to earlier in this thread?

-- Rod
    You mean the wiki page? Yea, and i dont know how to do the term prompt on here. Couldnt you just link to it or PM it to me?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast