Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Any news on when we can expect CM9 stable to be released for TouchPad?
    - techlover10, long time webOS fan and Pulse News supporter
    Please check out my thread at http://forums.webosnation.com/app-re...may-think.html
    I have been using the Nightly build for 2 weeks now and it's very, very stable. The camera doesn't work but I don't care about that.... I haven't had any issues with any of the free apps so far. Very pleased with it. I have yet to figure out how to use the Market Enabler to purchase paid apps, though.
    Market Enabler? Is this something new? I don't recall having to enable anything to buy apps a few months ago. Just enter your Gmail account info, add your credit card, and away you go. And TL, it's relatively stable, my only issues seem to be with WiFi connection that's in and out sometimes. There's a fix that I haven't looked into yet.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by techlover10 View Post
    Any news on when we can expect CM9 stable to be released for TouchPad?
    I've been using CM9 for weeks now on my TP and it has been very stable. I started with Alpha 2 and recently switched to nightlies (20120329 and 20120412). I had zero issues with stability. Still missing is support for the camera and mic. One can boot into webOS if needed though
    As others have said, CM9 is already stable. SMALL bugs may be present but its just fine for every day use. And I too dont know what this market enabler is. Im able to download and pay for apps just fine with my google account.
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
  6.    #6  
    Well, I can wait...I am not really comfortable getting the "nightly" especially if it doesn't support mic or camera. I can wait, just wondering. I know they are eventually gonna switch to the new Linux kernel and add camera and mic support, that was what I was really wondering about. I assume they will release a stable CM9 at some point right?
    - techlover10, long time webOS fan and Pulse News supporter
    Please check out my thread at http://forums.webosnation.com/app-re...may-think.html
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    i would not call it stable. it is still alpha stage. and for example, my wifi dies randomly. in fact as of yesterday i cant connect at all and will probably have to wipe it and reinstall from scratch
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    i would not call it stable. it is still alpha stage
    Absolutely, were far from a stable release. They haven't even reached Beta level yet and then they'll release a Release Candidate before they release the stable version. I am surprised it's taking this long but they only work off of donations.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Is YouTube working for the rest of you? I installed a nightly build as my one and only install at the beginning of March. It's been seemingly stable and working great short of Skype and playing internet video. I'm wondering whether I should update a newer nightly but it's impossible to find any coherent description of what's been updated on Rootzwiki.
    CyanogenMod nightlies changelog for Ace

Nightly change log. And seriously, upgrade. At some point in late March the did some sort of performance optimization, which made all the difference in terms of animation, etc. It's a far sleeker device these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan_ View Post
    Is YouTube working for the rest of you? I installed a nightly build as my one and only install at the beginning of March. It's been seemingly stable and working great short of Skype and playing internet video. I'm wondering whether I should update a newer nightly but it's impossible to find any coherent description of what's been updated on Rootzwiki.
    I think the February 27th nightly was the first one where YouTube worked, and the HD YouTube was fixed the next day. The 0412 nightly is great.
    We ought to contact the Cyanogen team and ask how much money they need to get it to RC. If enough people contribute, we can have it sooner.

How many of you have paid for apps on the TouchPad? Consider CM9 as an app purchase and it'll be easier to justify helping them out.

JonB
    I just switched to AOKP. So far I found it to be a little better than CM9.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    could be a while before we see a beta. Seems like even legit companies are struggling to release ics for their devices.
    could be a while before we see a beta. Seems like even legit companies are struggling to release ics for their devices.
    Seriously. ICS was announced a while ago now and only a handful of devices actually have it officially. You cant count on these "legit companies" for anything. I rely on dedicated developers for my stuff. Which is why I hope open sourcing webOS will give us some cool stuff from the developers. Because we already know HP isnt going to give us anything.
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
    Quote Originally Posted by JonB_TP View Post
    We ought to contact the Cyanogen team and ask how much money they need to get it to RC. If enough people contribute, we can have it sooner.
    How many of you have paid for apps on the TouchPad? Consider CM9 as an app purchase and it'll be easier to justify helping them out.
    JonB
    Where can I donate for ICS for HP TouchPad developers? If my (and many others) some bucks can solve camera and microphone on ICS I very like to donate this development.
    the delay is mostly with the carriers. They can't keep up with the fragmentation of versions, hardware, and manufacturers.
    What I've observed in the last weeks (or months?) is that the focus has been in two areas: Rebuilding the kernel and expanding to other devices. The progress that has been made in the internals has made the more recent nightlies more stable than Alpha 2 (IMHO), but there hasn't been much progress in the highly-visible WOW-type new features department.

I fear the longer we go without microphone and camera drivers, the less likely it is we will ever see them. This hardware becomes more outdated every day. Developers prefer to look forward, and not look back on hardware that was already obsolete last fall. It seems pretty unlikely that a new driver will surface that can be modified to run the TP's older hardware.

I would be happy to help the TouchPad community beg and plead with the Android development community, but I'm not sure there's much they can do about it. Maybe we should be asking HP, as unlikely as it is that they would do anything to help.
    I have been using the alpha 2 release on my TP for about 3-4 weeks now.

I've just taken a look at the nightlies and noticed that there is one only 24hours old.

Is it worth updating to this? or what is the preferred/recommended nightly to use?

I have noticed that the battery doesn't seem to last as long as it does in webos, but I guess is that just the nature of Android over WebOS.

Thanks Neil
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast