Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Hi All,
    I put CM9A2 and have been quite happy with it. But now I have the itch to upgrade the nightlies. I thought it should be an easy process preserving all data. But reading the instructions and forums on rootzwiki is a bit overwhelming. The problem is I dont have lot of free time in night with kids at home.

So can you please guide me? is there a set of instructions that I can follow. Fresh install was easy. I gather we should do nandroid backup (how to use this for restore), Titanium backup Pro, AcmeUnInstaller, Install nighlies, gapps etc back and then do nandroid restore, and Titanium restore. Can someone guide please..

Also I am assuming this is aq standard upgrade path when beta or GA comes out. I am willing to wait till beta if it is too painful and risky. My wifi has been acting up otherwise I am very happy with Cm9A2
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Squatting Hen; 04/12/2012 at 05:42 PM.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Thanks, looks easier than expected
    going to try update-cm-9-20120412-NIGHTLY-tenderloin-signed.zip now!

Update: Followed the procedure, for some reson I did not have CWM and could not get into it hence. Had to download a new zip and put in cminstall and do a ACMEInstaller2.

Then I followed upgrade procedure wiping cache, dalvik cache, and installing the newest zip file. Reboot, and android went through upgrading -- Optimizing all of the apps. and then it restored. Status shows 4.0.4, 20120412 build. All apps are present along with data.

Thanks! I think I will keep upgrading to latest builds from now on!
    Last edited by tabletrus; 04/12/2012 at 09:40 PM.
    do i have to upgrade every nightly build

or does the last one contain previous updates?
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mhipsman View Post
    do i have to upgrade every nightly build

or does the last one contain previous updates?
    No you don't have to. I usually skip a few builds and only install a new nightly after I have not seen any reported issues (here and on other forums). New nightlies usually include fixes and new stuff.

I definitively recommend doing a full nandroid backup via CWM prior to installing a new version. In case anything goes wrong with a new nightly you can always go back to your last working setup (= nandroid backup) in minutes.