1.    #1  
    Can you install amazon app store through CM9 on touchpad? Trying to find a thread, don't see it
    Yes...Google play is much better and the only reason to install amazon app store would be for the free app of the day. But it can be done. You must have an amazon account and a credit card and one click turned on. You'll find all the info at amazon.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Another advantage to Amazon App Store is that if you happen to do a full erase or change devices once you reinstall the Amazon App Store it can restore all of the free apps that you have downloaded thru the Amazon App Store where as Google Play will only restore the apps you have paid for and not any free apps you downloaded.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    Another advantage to Amazon App Store is that if you happen to do a full erase or change devices once you reinstall the Amazon App Store it can restore all of the free apps that you have downloaded thru the Amazon App Store where as Google Play will only restore the apps you have paid for and not any free apps you downloaded.
    This is so true. And I find that an excellent reason to go to Amazon app store.
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    This is NOT true. Google play restores all my apps I have installed, free or not. You must be doing something wrong. This works if you do a clean install with gapps installed at the same time. That is, do the cm 9 install and then the gapps install before you boot(or if using ACME, make sure gapps is in the cminstall folder too). Then make sure you sign into your Google account from the get go, don't skip it and do it later.
    Last edited by Ohmytvc15; 04/09/2012 at 11:49 AM.