Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Grabber5.0
  1.    #1  
    Words with Friends stopped working today. Won't load. I un and re installed but no success. Anyone else? Or could it be a server problem?
    Last edited by Mannyman; 03/30/2012 at 04:02 AM. Reason: typo
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
    Try going into manage applications and clear data and cache from the app. I had to do that the other day when Draw Something would no longer start. Long shot I suppose since reinstalling didn't work, but worth a try.
    MannymanWP likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    Words with Friends stopped working today. Won't load. I un and re installed but no success. Anyone else? Or could it be a server problem?
    Most likely it's the new WWF 'update' Zynga pushed on the 28th. Every time they release an update I make sure I don't install it, because it usually breaks the app. They are horrid at testing devices prior to an update. If you read the current reviews, the update broke the app for a wide variety of devices where Android is native & the app SHOULD work.

When this happens, it's usually quite a while before Zynga fixes anything (3rd time I've seen this happen with that app). Last time I think it was more than a month before they fixed it for all other devices. Not impressed with their efforts, it's really kind of the 'actually is bad B-sides" of app development.

This scenario is something I had to learn the hard way, and makes me sour on Android because it's not just an isolated thing with WWF, it happens with lots of apps. Always wait on updates to apps you use frequently, and give it a day or two of scanning the reviews for miffed users who say the app broke with the update. If you don't see any of that, you're probably good to go.
    In or within a day's drive of Indy? Join one of our meetups!
    http://www.meetup.com/HPwebOS/Indianapolis/

Twitter: @INDYwebOSMeetup @steffej3