1.    #1  
    what is difference between Nightly and ALPHA 2.0 ? which one is better?
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    The Official Nightly is Alpha 2.0 with about a months worth bug fixes and enhancements. It appears to be smoother and quicker (I have no scientific proof of this). It is still Alpha and will contain bugs, even though it is not labeled "Full of Bugs" like Alpha 2.0. You will most likely get a better user experience with the Official Nightly.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    The Official Nightly is Alpha 2.0 with about a months worth bug fixes and enhancements. It appears to be smoother and quicker (I have no scientific proof of this). It is still Alpha and will contain bugs, even though it is not labeled "Full of Bugs" like Alpha 2.0. You will most likely get a better user experience with the Official Nightly.
    thanks a lot
    For cm9 where do you find the official nightly?
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    I think the official nightly is hosted here: CyanogenMod Mirror Network - Powered by TDRevolution

What would be the correct update procedure (from Alpha 2)?. I read quite a bit about issues with Google Apps working correctly after an update. Any recommendatoins would be appreciated.
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    You need the updated gapps, i think 3/17 is the latest. I found alpha2 to be quite stable and good. The nightlies run the risk new bugs being introduced, my bt keyboard seems to lag with the latest, but on the whole, the latest nightly is quite good and is stable as well.

When updating GAPPS, some of the home screen shortcuts no longer work and need to be re-made. Be sure to read directions and clear your caches before updating.
    Jim Altman
    Palm III ->Treos 600->650->750->Pro->Pre Plus->Pre 2->Pre3+TouchPad
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Can I ask a stupid question? (Someone in the back shouts "Better than anyone I know!)"...
    I know what the md checksum is. It's to make sure a file is not corrupt. Which is really important for files such as these. But where can I get a free program that will check these?

Thanks,
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    AFV is a free md checksum app. If you use GooManager it automatically does the md5 check.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Hi, I did the latest nightly update. But I forgot to clear the cache before the update. Should I clear the cache now? Or just forget about it and do it next time?
    Quote Originally Posted by paulm64 View Post
    Hi, I did the latest nightly update. But I forgot to clear the cache before the update. Should I clear the cache now? Or just forget about it and do it next time?
    If you aren't having an problems don't worry about it. You can always wipe the caches afterwards. Sometimes,es if you forget it will endlessly bootloop. But in that case you can just boot into recovery and wipe cache and you're good to go.

Nothing to worry about though.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk