1.    #1  
    Anyone know where these are? I haven't been able to find any, just Twitter notifications when a new one is released.

If this doesn't already exist, let's start an informal changelog here. I'm always nervous to blindly install the newest update, and I think others are too. So let's post updates, changes, improvements, as well as struggles, difficulties, and crashes.

Here's a link to the builds: Techerrata Downloads - Browsing tenderloin

I'm about a week behind due to exams, but the 3-16 build features a couple of welcome changes. Smaller app icons in the app drawer, an HP Touchpad Settings app that for now only holds one setting - stylus or touch input. Also, the microphone has reappeared in the search icon in the upper right corner, but is still non-functional. Finally, I had to reinstall GAPPS upon updating.

Who's got a newer nightly than me? There must be a few brave souls.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    There is no published change log for nightlies but you can find the latest merges into CM9 here Gerrit Code Review.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Can anyone recommend a nightly version along with the proper GAPPS and what improvements to expect?

I am currently using Alpha2 and will update if it is worth the effort. Currently the only real problems I have are YouTube videos embedded on web pages (but the YouTube App works just fine) and WiFi problems tamed by changing to channel 6 and using wifi fixer.

Thanks to anyone who can provide some guidance.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I find that every time I try and update GAPPS, I lose the ability to run Google Play. I am about to impart another rebuild (it never hurts) and am using the latest night;y build (24-3) and latest GAPPS (17-3.

ALan
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    There is no published change log for nightlies but you can find the latest merges into CM9 here Gerrit Code Review.
    So, allow me to ask this: The merge notes for ics that apply to non-hardware specific items, such as packages_apps_settings or frameworks_base apply to our builds in addition to the hardware specific ones? or just the ones that specificly mention hp_tenderloin?

TIA
    Jim Altman
    Palm III ->Treos 600->650->750->Pro->Pre Plus->Pre 2->Pre3+TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    I find that every time I try and update GAPPS, I lose the ability to run Google Play. I am about to impart another rebuild (it never hurts) and am using the latest night;y build (24-3) and latest GAPPS (17-3.

ALan
    I just went through this mess - have installed, uninstalled, restored, and generally farted around so much with this in the past few days that sick of playing with it! For me, after installing the 0317 version, NONE of the gapps would work at all - try to use one and it would just briefly flash and close. But I DID finally succeed in getting the gapps updated. From what I can tell, it looks like the problem is with the original 010112 version of gapps that many of us installed. It seems as if that version has some applications that are incompatible with the newer version. After I finally got mine updated successfully updated, I noticed there were quite a few less apps installed. For example, Car Home was originally on my tablet with the 010112 gapps (and it seemed to work when I played with it one time), but after I got the 20120317 version working, not only is Car Home not installed, but now it says it is not compatible with this device.

Frankly, I suspect the original 010112 version might be the best one to continue using, and I might go back to it. I began wondering after I got an email from the Android team welcoming me to my new Galaxy Nexus (I'm on an HPTP). But if you want to try the new version, here is the process I used:

(Side note here - I'm typing this on my TP, and the more I type, the slower this thing gets! I may need to save the message and come back to edit it.)

Anyway, start by making a good nandroid backup AND a Titanium backup. Also make sure you account is being backed up in the Google market. Now upgrade gapps and see if they work. If not, go back to clockworkmod and select factory reset.

When you go back into cm9 you will find everything missing, but don't sweat it; all your downloaded apps should be automatically re-installed - or most of them, anyway. After you test one of the gapps to make sure it is working, use your Titanium backup to restore all system data. If all goes well, this should get you back very close to where you started, but with updated gapps.

(And another side note - this editing in the default browser is NOT ready for prime time! The cursor has a drunken mind of its own when I try to position it to edit something already typed!)
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    i am using the 3-22 nightly build and the gapps from 3-17 with none of the problems you mention. There was a moments consternation while things magically updated and some of the shortcuts on the home screen did not work and I had to replace them with new ones.
    Jim Altman
    Palm III ->Treos 600->650->750->Pro->Pre Plus->Pre 2->Pre3+TouchPad
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Thanks for the update to why GAPPS updates don't work. I think it may be a bit more than just that the original one is incompatible. I think ALL versions are different.

My second complete rebuild used the GAPPS from 3-3. When I think tried any upgrade to 17-3 (UK style dates), I had the same issue with PLAY - it started and then went back to the desktop.

It was only when I went all the way back to another rebuild using the latest nightly and the 17-3 GAPPS that eveything worked.

Incidently, I don't normally bother to do a backup. I'm still in "playing" mode and each new rebuild, I re-install less and less apps as I find out which ones I like and which ones I don't.

My rebuild normally consists of booting into WebOS, removing android boot and then removing all the android partitions. After that, follow the root note from the other thread and reload all the apps. Takes about 20 minutes now.

Alan