Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By marcedhk
  • 1 Post By MDsmartphone
  • 4 Post By rwhitby
  1.    #1  
    Originally posted this in the wrong forum and got redirected here. hope im in the right place this time.

"Not sure if this is the right place to be posting this, but it seems i have acquired a rare and fabled 7" touchpad go developers model. I am having lots of trouble trying to install Android ICS on it!!!!

has anyone had any experience with this device or is able to help me out,?

im relatively new to WebOS and although i have liked it, the lack of apps is forcing me to want dual boot with android.

Please please please help me im very desperate and would be incredibly great full."
    considering virtually no1 has one then im guessing the general public at large here wont be of much use, same applies to the android forums.
    My advice is don't put ICS on it - it's a collectors item. Just appreciate it for what it is, or sell it to someone who will (hint hint!)
    Rnp and xandros9 like this.
    can't help with the dual boot, but would be interested in purchasing! :-)

PM me if interested. Thanks!
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Get straight onto 'God' Whitby or TopTongueBarry here.. I think they've both been tweaking and messing around with getting 'GO's' recognised by HP/Palm as webOS 'devices' at least??

And beware everyone trying to get you to SELL it to them instead!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    And beware everyone trying to get you to SELL it to them instead!!
    What? Who would do such a thing???!
    I'll buy it
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I have an issue with it too...that it wasn't released
    TopTongueBarry likes this.
  9.    #9  
    hmm thanks for the advice guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by NewbieWeb View Post
    hmm thanks for the advice guys.
    Unless you port the kernel yourself, you won't get ics on it.

I'd suggest you sell it to someone here who wants to run webOS on it.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by NewbieWeb View Post
    Originally posted this in the wrong forum and got redirected here. hope im in the right place this time.

"Not sure if this is the right place to be posting this, but it seems i have acquired a rare and fabled 7" touchpad go developers model. I am having lots of trouble trying to install Android ICS on it!!!!

has anyone had any experience with this device or is able to help me out,?

im relatively new to WebOS and although i have liked it, the lack of apps is forcing me to want dual boot with android.

Please please please help me im very desperate and would be incredibly great full."
    It's tempting at the idea of buying it from you, a 7 inch device with back camera(want one of those!) However, the smaller size kind of tablet isn't not much interest in me particularly. Instead will be more interesting to purchase will be to get my hands on, on the mystical White TouchPad with the 64GB capacity model and faster processor speed. Unfortunately, HP cancelled all WebOS hardware right when that model suppose to come to the public market a few months later after the black TouchPad went on sale.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    It's tempting at the idea of buying it from you, a 7 inch device with back camera(want one of those!) However, the smaller size kind of tablet isn't not much interest in me particularly. Instead will be more interesting to purchase will be to get my hands on, on the mystical White TouchPad with the 64GB capacity model and faster processor speed. Unfortunately, HP cancelled all WebOS hardware right when that model suppose to come to the public market a few months later after the black TouchPad went on sale.

I think the 'faster processor speed' of the white 64Gb TP is merely an unchoked version of the 16 & 32Gb Black version's Qualcom unit. In other words the 'slower' processor was only an undersclocked version of the same unit, essentially allowing HP to offer an apparent UPgrade for more $'s!!
    I also think we will see the smaller 'fits in your pocket' format Tablet/Phones becoming more and more popular as screen resolution improves and as they are truly more 'portable'.