Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ToniCipriani
  1.    #1  
    Not sure if this is the right place to be posting this, but it seems i have acquired a rare and fabled 7" touchpad go developers model. I am having lots of trouble trying to install Android ICS on it!!!!

has anyone had any experience with this device or is able to help me out,?

im relatively new to WebOS and although i have liked it, the lack of apps is forcing me to want dual boot with android.

Please please please help me im very desperate and would be incredibly great full.
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 04/04/2012 at 02:22 PM. Reason: clarified title
    there is a forum specific to android on touchpad that might be more helpful.

http://forums.webosnation.com/android-touchpad/

But congrats on having such a rare device. Many of us would die for one so we could enjoy webOS on it.
    Can I give you my 32GB Touchpad and pay you $ 400.00 for your TouchPad Go?! You won't have any trouble with this one!
    "Please please please help me im very desperate and would be incredibly great full."
    personally wouldn't attempt dual booting a device CM was never to my knowledge tested on.

Not sure how CM works (if anyone has tried it on the 4G TP), but I would look for information on that first, not sure if it uses the same chip as the Go.

Honestly you really want to dual boot, get a standard TouchPad and don't risk killing a rare device.

<thread moved>
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    As far as I know there's no reason CM9 shouldn't work on the Go. Internals-wise, the Go has the exact same hardware as the bigger TouchPads.

But should you install CM9 on a Go? NO YOU SHOULD NOT. What you have is an incredibly rare piece of tech. Don't do something like installing Android on it. Want a seven-inch Android tablet? Buy a Samsung.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    As far as I know there's no reason CM9 shouldn't work on the Go. Internals-wise, the Go has the exact same hardware as the bigger TouchPads.

But should you install CM9 on a Go? NO YOU SHOULD NOT. What you have is an incredibly rare piece of tech. Don't do something like installing Android on it. Want a seven-inch Android tablet? Buy a Samsung.
    Not to mention if you brick it in the process, you'll attract an angry mob to attack you for killing an endangered species.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    marcedhk likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    Good point as well Derek.

Those Samsung tablets are nice (form factor wise), my pops has one and loves it. Even though I have seen him freeze/crash it more than the wife and I have frozen/crashed the TouchPads. (as always YMMV)
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I am still trying to figure out to put Android(preferably marshmallow ) on this little Go. Touchpad Toolkit is not working on Go. Do I have any way to get this on Go? I have flashed around 5-6 mama touchpads(10+ inches) using Touchpad Toolkit. But this baby touchpad (Go) is real naggy...
    My WebOS Wealth:
    TouchPads :
    * AT&T32GB, 4S - UNLOCKED!!!! (total 5 of these, all with Android 4.4.4
    * Touchpad GO with WebOS (total 3 of these, trying to get android on these... but how?)
    Pre 3: Three of AT&T Pre 3s, One Verizon Pre 3
    Want to sell any of the above for a good price(Just want to keep one go if I get android on them)
    You'll need to talk to Sumy here on the forums. There's no cyanogenmod build for the go but there is a way to get 2.3.4.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE