Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    ****DISCLAIMER: I am not associated with this app in any way. It worked for me. YMMV ***

So I was idly wondering today if there was a way to print from the touchpad to my Brother wifi laser printer. And there is, and better yet it's free (For those not familiar with GetJar, it legally gives you free paid apps like Amazon does. I've provided the direct link below so you don't have to install the pointless GetJar app)

1) Download SmartOffice 2 from GetJar - http://download.getjar.com/downloads...etjar-6683.apk

2) Install it on to the TouchPad. Note you'll need to go settings/security and check "unknown sources" if you haven't done that already

3) Start the app

4) Swipe in the main part of the screen until you get the printer (right twice in portrait mode, up twice in landscape)

5) Tap print room

6) Tap find printers. Your printer should show up.

7) Hit print. If it worked you should have 3 pages.

Assuming it printed correctly, your printer is now set up. From now on, you can open documents from the explore menu and then hit print to print them.

A few caveats -

-This app is pretty slow.

-It has a very annoying UI. Quick Office and Office Suite Pro are a lot easier to use and are faster, so I would recommend them over this for normal document viewing. However, neither of those allow you to print.

-It bugs you to register with an email address. I haven't done this yet, so I don't know what this accomplishes besides them spamming your email.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 03/13/2012 at 12:25 AM. Reason: restored original thread
    Which device do I say I have? The TP isn't listed.
    Thank you kindly,
    Rosy
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rosystreasures View Post
    Which device do I say I have? The TP isn't listed.
    It doesn't really matter, I just said I had a galaxy nexus. If the direct link isn't working and prompting you to download the get jar app, go to the link on your computer and a screen will pop up with a download code Right click and view source and then search for .apk on that page. That will give you the direct link to download straight to your computer.