Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I use WebOS all day at work as the Splashtop app works better. android version is to laggy. I use CM9 for play, as it has the iRealbook app and I can hook up a Bluetooth pedal to turn pages, functions that are not available on WebOS. I would rather have WebOS with the functionality of Android and iOS, but this is a good compromise. (I leave my iPad at home...)
    Casio BOSS->Palm Pilot Professional->Palm M500->Treo 600-> Treo 680->Treo Pro (TP) ->HP Veer<->HP TP<->Pre3<>HP TP 4G
    Conn 6H-> Bach 36->Bach 16L (high Bb plays really flat?(fixed thanks to **** Akright))-> New York Bach 6viii
    Scalpel->Scope->Aesop->Hermes->Sidne->Davinci S>Davinci Si
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    First time I have ever seen someone say they prefer android mail client to webOS.

Anyone else feel this way, care to expand on the thoughts?
    Not the native ICS mail app. That blows. What I prefer is the GMail app. And all my email is Gmail based, so I can just use that.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Chrome for Android is nice, seamless sync of bookmarks with desktop version. Never liked the webOS browser. At this point, I can't imagine what would make me want to boot into webOS ever again.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdoc View Post
    I use WebOS all day at work as the Splashtop app works better. android version is to laggy. I use CM9 for play, as it has the iRealbook app and I can hook up a Bluetooth pedal to turn pages, functions that are not available on WebOS. I would rather have WebOS with the functionality of Android and iOS, but this is a good compromise. (I leave my iPad at home...)
    I think that's a good summary - webos for work, Android for play
    Vistaus likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdoc View Post
    I dont know what version of splashtop you're using, but in -every- experience I've had with it the android app is remarkably and demonstratably better. More responsive and faster updating of the screen, no tearing, etc. Put a stopwatch on your main PC and watch it over splashtop, the webOS version is clearly a second or so slower than android, and that makes a big difference when you're using it.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    I dont know what version of splashtop you're using, but in -every- experience I've had with it the android app is remarkably and demonstratably better. More responsive and faster updating of the screen, no tearing, etc. Put a stopwatch on your main PC and watch it over splashtop, the webOS version is clearly a second or so slower than android, and that makes a big difference when you're using it.
    I have the iPhone version, and it's also a bit faster, although due to the smaller screen, not as nice to use, I just don't feel like buying the Android version since I already have the webOS and iOS ones.

However, my desire to leave my computer on to use Netflix has fallen dramatically, and I haven't rebooted into webOS in nearly a week...I still love webOS in theory, but ICS just offers a lot more ATM..
    WebOS browser sucks SO BAD, Im often tempted to toss my TP at a wall. I plan to convert this weekend. Either that, or get an iPad.

I just can't get over how much the browser has degenerated over time.
    I just converted last week.

Wow. It's usable again. The browser is just so much faster all around. I won't ever go back to webOS at this point. The performance on ICS is there, the developer support is there, a future for the platform is there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12