webOS Nation Forums >  Other OS's and Devices >  Android on webOS > Headphone Jack Replacement Part?
Headphone Jack Replacement Part?

Old 03/10/2012, 12:24 AM   #1 (permalink)

So I'm pretty sure my daughter broke the jack today when she dropped the touchpad with headphones attached. It still cuts out the internal sound when they are plugged in but I can't get any sound from whatever I try. I've tried rebooting with no luck.

I found this article on replacement but can't seem to find the actual part, anyone know where to find one?

Installing HP TouchPad Headphone Jack - iFixit
hopper75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/10/2012, 10:40 AM   #2 (permalink)

maybe in a broken touchpad?
or maybe something with a similar shape? there's only so many ways you can make a headphone jack

edit: i saw the ifixit
ehh, there doesnt seem to be a huge market for parts
i think another tp is the best bet
idk
xandros9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/10/2012, 12:11 PM   #3 (permalink)

Or a bluetooth adapter/headphones. I have bluetooth earbuds for my Pre & they are great!
katefields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/10/2012, 01:29 PM   #4 (permalink)

I do have a stereo BT headset but I like plugging the TP in to my A/V receiver so I can stream Pandora on the whole house speakers.
hopper75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/11/2012, 12:20 AM   #5 (permalink)

Shave the tip of a pencil until you have a powder. Pour it into the headphone jack. Slide your headphones in and out a couple of times. The graphite shavings act as a lubricant. It fixed my Palm Pre phone when it got stuck in headset mode. I had read it somewhere on one of the forums. It worked for many people. Might work for TouchPad as well.
Old 03/11/2012, 07:48 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopper75 View Post
I do have a stereo BT headset but I like plugging the TP in to my A/V receiver so I can stream Pandora on the whole house speakers.
You can always set up a Bluetooth Receiver connected to your A/V Receiver. I have a Motorola DC800 (Amazon.com: Motorola 89015J Dc800 Bluetooth Stereo Gateway: Cell Phones & Accessories) connected to my system. I have heard good things about the Miccus BluBridge (Amazon.com: Miccus BluBridge Mini-Jack RX: Bluetooth Music Receiver use with Bluetooth-Enabled Mobile Phones, Tablets, PCs and Apple (BBMR-02): MP3 Players & Accessories).

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
noseph is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0