webOS Nation Forums >  Other OS's and Devices >  Android on webOS > Question about CM9 Upgrades beyond Alpha 2
Question about CM9 Upgrades beyond Alpha 2

Old 03/07/2012, 07:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

I currently added CM9 (alpha 2) on my Touchpad. Should I be content where I am, or keep updating? What am I missing? How stable are the updates? Where is the best place to get them? Also, how is the Google Marketplace vs. Amazon? I haven't registered for Google Apps yet. Am I missing anything not using Google Apps? I just am wary of registering anything with Google after their new privacy policy. I really want to stretch my TP to the max. And I am still slightly considering an i Pad 2 (since they will be $399 soon and I have a free $100 gift card towards that so I will pay $300 out of pocket). Would be interested in a variety of opinions. Thanks in advance..
kobethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/07/2012, 08:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

<<thread moved>>

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03/07/2012, 08:43 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobethecat View Post
I currently added CM9 (alpha 2) on my Touchpad. Should I be content where I am, or keep updating? What am I missing? How stable are the updates? Where is the best place to get them? Also, how is the Google Marketplace vs. Amazon? I haven't registered for Google Apps yet. Am I missing anything not using Google Apps? I just am wary of registering anything with Google after their new privacy policy. I really want to stretch my TP to the max. And I am still slightly considering an i Pad 2 (since they will be $399 soon and I have a free $100 gift card towards that so I will pay $300 out of pocket). Would be interested in a variety of opinions. Thanks in advance..
There are more apps in the Google Market, and generally speaking, updates to apps go to Google Market before going to Amazon.

If you are that concerned about the Google privacy policy just create a userid/email address but only use it for access to all things Google on your TP. Don't use it for email at all.

All the best!
NewTouchPadUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/09/2012, 07:09 PM   #4 (permalink)

The Amazon market is very limited compared to Google "Play"(blech.)

Update Android itself when they release the next update of course.
jyjjy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/10/2012, 04:55 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyjjy View Post
The Amazon market is very limited compared to Google "Play"(blech.)

Update Android itself when they release the next update of course.
Where can you find out about CM9 updates for ICE4?
kobethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/19/2012, 09:08 PM   #6 (permalink)

All the nightly builds are here: Techerrata Downloads - Browsing tenderloin
As far as what builds are more stable than others I'm not sure, maybe someone else here can help with that.

More info here as well: http://forums.androidcentral.com/hp-...ly-builds.html
hopper75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/20/2012, 08:10 PM   #7 (permalink)

I took the dive and installed a nightly from March 17 (st. paddys day so figured I'd be lucky So far its pretty stable. Some things are better, boot options come to mind and a few other goodies in system options. I actually think its more stable than alpha 2. That being said, YMMV.
ohmytvc15 is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0