1.    #1  
    I currently added CM9 (alpha 2) on my Touchpad. Should I be content where I am, or keep updating? What am I missing? How stable are the updates? Where is the best place to get them? Also, how is the Google Marketplace vs. Amazon? I haven't registered for Google Apps yet. Am I missing anything not using Google Apps? I just am wary of registering anything with Google after their new privacy policy. I really want to stretch my TP to the max. And I am still slightly considering an i Pad 2 (since they will be $399 soon and I have a free $100 gift card towards that so I will pay $300 out of pocket). Would be interested in a variety of opinions. Thanks in advance..
    <<thread moved>>

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by kobethecat View Post
    I currently added CM9 (alpha 2) on my Touchpad. Should I be content where I am, or keep updating? What am I missing? How stable are the updates? Where is the best place to get them? Also, how is the Google Marketplace vs. Amazon? I haven't registered for Google Apps yet. Am I missing anything not using Google Apps? I just am wary of registering anything with Google after their new privacy policy. I really want to stretch my TP to the max. And I am still slightly considering an i Pad 2 (since they will be $399 soon and I have a free $100 gift card towards that so I will pay $300 out of pocket). Would be interested in a variety of opinions. Thanks in advance..
    There are more apps in the Google Market, and generally speaking, updates to apps go to Google Market before going to Amazon.

If you are that concerned about the Google privacy policy just create a userid/email address but only use it for access to all things Google on your TP. Don't use it for email at all.

All the best!
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    The Amazon market is very limited compared to Google "Play"(blech.)

Update Android itself when they release the next update of course.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jyjjy View Post
    The Amazon market is very limited compared to Google "Play"(blech.)

Update Android itself when they release the next update of course.
    Where can you find out about CM9 updates for ICE4?
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    All the nightly builds are here: Techerrata Downloads - Browsing tenderloin
    As far as what builds are more stable than others I'm not sure, maybe someone else here can help with that.

More info here as well: http://forums.androidcentral.com/hp-...ly-builds.html
    I took the dive and installed a nightly from March 17 (st. paddys day so figured I'd be lucky So far its pretty stable. Some things are better, boot options come to mind and a few other goodies in system options. I actually think its more stable than alpha 2. That being said, YMMV.