webOS Nation Forums >  Other OS's and Devices >  Android on webOS > Starting from scratch (wrecked touchpad)
Starting from scratch (wrecked touchpad)

Old 03/06/2012, 02:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
cgk

I've messed around so much - that the touchpad will no longer mount as a USB drive and also I can't boot into the android side - what's the quickest way to start again from scratch?
cgk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/06/2012, 02:53 PM   #2 (permalink)

How To Recover - WebOS Internals

Last Resort Emergency BootLoader Recovery - WebOS Internals

Have you tried looking at these pages for a solution? And anything important that you'd like to share so that nobody else has your misfortune?
Old 03/06/2012, 03:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
cgk

Well it boots into WebOS so that's not a problem I'm not sure why the usb no longer mounts - I'll check out the links and see how I get on - thanks.
Old 03/06/2012, 03:13 PM   #4 (permalink)

Sorry, I misinterpreted what you said there in the first post. So, you can boot webOS, but Android doesn't work, and you can't get USB mode to function, even with power off/power on+volume up?

You've tried a complete uninstall/reinstall of Android, or because you can't get into USB are unable to do so?

You might have to call the clinic and see if the Doctor is available.....(best guess anyway)
Old 03/06/2012, 03:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
cgk

Quote:
You've tried a complete uninstall/reinstall of Android, or because you can't get into USB are unable to do so?
Right - which is why I think it's more than likely best to restore the touchpad to a fresh factory state and reinstall android from scratch from stage one.
Old 03/06/2012, 04:08 PM   #6 (permalink)

Every reference I've seen says to use ACME Uninstaller, which requires USB mode, however I did find this one, which does it manually through Xecutah. I cannot verify that it works or is safe, but if you feel you can trust it, then it's an option.

Everything About Tablets | How to: Remove CynogenMod Android from your HP TouchPad
Old 03/06/2012, 04:10 PM   #7 (permalink)

Question, it won't mount even if you boot recovery mode (webOS version of it)? Have you tried multiple desktops/laptops. Tried mounting in Linux?

I'm assuming you know the ropes quite a bit, so don't take any offense to those questions, just trying to see if I can help. Assuming you can eventually find some way to mount it, and you are surely aware of this as well, you'd first run ACMEUninstaller, and then if you are crazy thorough like I am, run the webOS doctor in Recovery (remembering to first uninstall all of your webOS patches & such). Anyway, it sounds like you just can't get to this part, so sorry if it's all useless info to you.

Anyway, that aside, If webOS boots, you can at least transfer your files & important stuff via the new Preware app 'Wifi File Sharing'. It wouldn't be a total loss if you end up having to wipe it in a way that doesn't allow for backing up your files.

Twitter: @INDYwebOSMeetup @steffej3
steffej3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/06/2012, 05:29 PM   #8 (permalink)

I should add, I usually throw in a secure full erase too, prior to using the doctor. :-P

Twitter: @INDYwebOSMeetup @steffej3
steffej3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/08/2012, 01:53 AM   #9 (permalink)
cgk

Thanks guys, all my content is in the cloud so I am not worried about losing anything.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
Old 03/11/2012, 06:40 AM   #10 (permalink)
cgk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
Every reference I've seen says to use ACME Uninstaller, which requires USB mode, however I did find this one, which does it manually through Xecutah. I cannot verify that it works or is safe, but if you feel you can trust it, then it's an option.

Everything About Tablets | How to: Remove CynogenMod Android from your HP TouchPad
Hum... I'm a bit stuck because the touchpad will not mount via usb I can't run the doctor...
Old 03/12/2012, 11:41 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGK View Post
Hum... I'm a bit stuck because the touchpad will not mount via usb I can't run the doctor...
If you can boot into WebOS and don't need any data why not try a secure full erase from WebOS? I did that with my son's TP before giving to him and I thought when I did it reset back to 3.02 and I then doctor'ed up to 3.05 (it might have left it as 3.04 - can't remember). Might be worth a try. A clean wipe might clean up whatever is wrong with the usb config.
Gadgetdude is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0