Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By old_geekster
  1.    #1  
    Ok, so everything was just fine...until I installed Preware. I was trying to speed up my TP without over-clocking it. Now, wifi will not connect or even allow me to choose any option. It's just fine in WebOS.

I am fine with just un-installing preware, just don't know how...

Ok, I read that I need to use WebOS Doctor....will this wipe EVERYTHING, including CM7??
    Last edited by rosystreasures; 03/06/2012 at 01:28 AM.
    Thank you kindly,
    Rosy
    You don't need to run the webOS Doctor to remove Preware, simply open your launcher, and hold the icon down until the icons get X's beside them, then press X, app removed.

Alternatively you can open launcher, go to Settings, Software Manager, scroll down to whichever app you want removed, press it, options come up to delete.

Personally I found that WiFi had some intermittent connectivity issues at times in CM7. I usually just toggled it off then on and it would start working again.

If you want to speed up your TouchPad, I'd suggest overclocking it.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by rosystreasures View Post
    Ok, so everything was just fine...until I installed Preware. I was trying to speed up my TP without over-clocking it. Now, wifi will not connect or even allow me to choose any option. It's just fine in WebOS.
    Ive had this trouble with both CM7 and CM9 and is kinda a know issue with the alpha builds. Persistently forgetting the network and turning wifi off/on make it work eventually when this bug trips. Preware should not in any way effect android. What did you install in preware? Custom kernel? If so which? How were you trying to speed up the touchpad without an overclock?

If webOS is fine then webOS doctor is a complete waste of time.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....

I am fine with just un-installing preware, just don't know how...

Ok, I read that I need to use WebOS Doctor....will this wipe EVERYTHING, including CM7??
    Personally, I would install CM9 ICS Alpha 2.0. I like it better than CM7. I use Reverend Kyle's (RevTV) videos on Youtube for help with the install. They are easy to follow.

I have to admit that I am using webOS more and more. I like the browser cards and it is more refined, of course.
    **Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!**

As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the Tochpad at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.
    addiarmadar likes this.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Ive had this trouble with both CM7 and CM9 and is kinda a know issue with the alpha builds. Persistently forgetting the network and turning wifi off/on make it work eventually when this bug trips. Preware should not in any way effect android. What did you install in preware? Custom kernel? If so which? How were you trying to speed up the touchpad without an overclock?
    How To Speed Up HP TouchPad (No Overclocking) | Opinionative Reviewer

This is how I have installed it and Preware. Only with the preware, I couldn't find "EOM Overload Monitoring" I wonder if this could be an issue.

Also, if I uninstall preware, will it "unpatch" everything?

It may just be a coincidence, but EVERYTHING was as perfect as can be BEFORE I installed preware and the patches. I tried to get a hold of the guy, but I can'[t see how....I dont see an email. Also, the wifi page loads VERY slowly now...

I honestly feel mad at myself. Everything was perfect to me before I did this.
    Thank you kindly,
    Rosy

This is how I have installed it and Preware. Only with the preware, I couldn't find "EOM Overload Monitoring" I wonder if this could be an issue.

It may just be a coincidence, but EVERYTHING was as perfect as can be BEFORE I installed preware and the patches. I tried to get a hold of the guy, but I can'[t see how....I dont see an email. Also, the wifi page loads VERY slowly now...

Rosy, I wouldn't be too hard on yourself. ;-) You sound like you are very tech saavy. Those of us who are, will always get ourselves in trouble from time to time. I believe, not know, that the patches will work even with Preware uninstalled. You simply won't be able to update any longer. You may find that it is one of the patches causing your problem, however.
    **Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!**

As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the Tochpad at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.

This controls the webos logging system and sends those logs to HP/Palm. Nothing to do with Android.

No it wont. Preware is just the app to removing it will leave the patches behind. Use preware to remove them and so you dont need to uninstall the app, Preware is not the problem. The Android push being an ALPHA build is the problem.

It does look to be a coincidence since I have those patches install on my touchpad too and all is good. You're referring to a wifi page, is that in webos or android settings? When you reboot the touchpad and get the options to boot into webOS or CM, do you also see Clockwork Mod Recovery? We can use that to clear cache in Android and if need be do a hard reset in Android. Keep us posted.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  8.    #8  
    I used FXR WiFi Fix and it saved the day!!

I was having issues only in CM7. WebOS is just fine.
    Thank you kindly,
    Rosy
    <<thread moved>>