Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1  
    My son's HP Touchpad with dual boot Cyanogen 9 just froze and now it doesnt power on. Nothing lits. Battery is ok cause i just unplugged be4 it happened. This happened: got in the HP to play one of the games installed. It then froze, tried the home button, nothing, click power off button and back on and I somehow got to home screen but nothing was pushable. Decided to power off and a crackling sound came from the speakers and it indeed powered off. But now I cant power it back on. Any option or It just died.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapol35 View Post
    My son's HP Touchpad with dual boot Cyanogen 9 just froze and now it doesnt power on. Nothing lits. Battery is ok cause i just unplugged be4 it happened. This happened: got in the HP to play one of the games installed. It then froze, tried the home button, nothing, click power off button and back on and I somehow got to home screen but nothing was pushable. Decided to power off and a crackling sound came from the speakers and it indeed powered off. But now I cant power it back on. Any option or It just died.
    leave it on the charger until the screen comes back up. You can also try to hold the home + power button while its plugged in to see if that might bring it up.
    hold the home and power button down for about 30 seconds and see if you can force a reboot.

2nd thing to try is to hold down the up-volume button and the power button at the same time. That should put you in emergenct/recovery mode. Instead of running the doctor at this point, turn it off and then on, or try forcing a reboot with the home/power button action.
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
  4.    #4  
    Done. Pressing both buttons worked. Dint notice the screen was on, the screen was dark grey so could not notice it during the day. Anyway tanks it worked and everything is allright.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    hold the home and power button down for about 30 seconds and see if you can force a reboot.

2nd thing to try is to hold down the up-volume button and the power button at the same time. That should put you in emergenct/recovery mode. Instead of running the doctor at this point, turn it off and then on, or try forcing a reboot with the home/power button action.
    Well, while the original poster might have solve the issues with his TouchPad. I think that it might be appropriate to leave a link of an article that list a bunch of ways to troubleshoot your HP TouchPad. Its a very nice read, very informative and it give tips in case of something happens to the HP TouchPad.

5 Little Known Ways To Troubleshoot The HP TouchPad
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Shoot, my Touchpad is really dead, was hoping to find a solution here.
    I've tried holding down the Power + Volume Up / Home button for upto a minute, and no luck.
    Putting it on the Touchstone or plugging it in doesn't do anything either.
    The screen is actually off, not just dark, any ideas guys?
    Thanks
    I have the same bad news and my touch pad is. DEAD, it seems that this CM 9 is not warning against low battery and did not save little charges or fuel in the battery to recharge. I have read in the forum a post by Kjhenrie that he fix the problem technically by opening the case and recharging the battery by Lipo charger,sophisticated procedure that should be done by professional. I'm thinking now to send it back to HP to fix the issue but the problem that IS warranty is voided by installing CM9 on a TP that should run on webOs? GOD help us withthis company that produce such devices with such problem without a fix.?????? MAY BE IT IS ONE OF THE CAUSES of that damn fire sale
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    So is this an issue that has been fixed in the nightly builds? Or will be in the next alpha/beta release?
    Or maybe is there a third party app that do the battery monitoring and shutting down for you?

Just so I know before I install CM9.
    Quote Originally Posted by baskalito View Post
    I have the same bad news and my touch pad is. DEAD, it seems that this CM 9 is not warning against low battery and did not save little charges or fuel in the battery to recharge. I have read in the forum a post by Kjhenrie that he fix the problem technically by opening the case and recharging the battery by Lipo charger,sophisticated procedure that should be done by professional. I'm thinking now to send it back to HP to fix the issue but the problem that IS warranty is voided by installing CM9 on a TP that should run on webOs? GOD help us withthis company that produce such devices with such problem without a fix.?????? MAY BE IT IS ONE OF THE CAUSES of that damn fire sale
    Can anyone else confirm this? Im nearing the bottom of the battery and dont want to brick my TP b/c of a battery meter/drainage issue???
    ... GOD help us withthis company that produce such devices with such problem without a fix.?????? MAY BE IT IS ONE OF THE CAUSES of that damn fire sale
    Um... you walked out on your own installing an Alpha version of a piece of software that comes with warnings about potential issues like this. This certainly wouldn't be something to blame the manufacturer. This is the same for those installing OC kernels on devices - very clear warnings are given from the developers that anyone who modifies the device outside of the manufacturer designs is doing so at their own risk - be it OC'ing or installing a version of another operating system.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 03/14/2012 at 10:40 AM. Reason: typos
    I use "Battery Indicator". It shows your battery with a percentage of how much battery remains. I got it from the market for android.
    Thank you kindly,
    Rosy
    http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...-touchpad.html
    Review that post to confirm the problem
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rosystreasures View Post
    I use "Battery Indicator". It shows your battery with a percentage of how much battery remains. I got it from the market for android.
    Does this allow you to force the TP to shutdown (where the CM9 mod seems not to do that)?
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    Does this allow you to force the TP to shutdown (where the CM9 mod seems not to do that)?
    No, its just a battery monitor. It shows you how much percentage remains on your battery.
    Thank you kindly,
    Rosy
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rosystreasures View Post
    No, its just a battery monitor. It shows you how much percentage remains on your battery.
    You may try the "Automate-it" app to set a trigger that will shut down the device if the battery is below a certain level. I believe this can prevent the device brick due to battery drain.
    Quote Originally Posted by sabry4u View Post
    You may try the "Automate-it" app to set a trigger that will shut down the device if the battery is below a certain level. I believe this can prevent the device brick due to battery drain.
    Thanks for the great tip!

Glad I read this thread.
    I was having the same problem and my touch pad was dead for 10 days tried every button press with all combination couldn't have any response, lastly tried all types of charging, through touchstone, blackberry chargers, computer connection through USB, wall charger with twisted and untwisted cylinder plug with no signs of charging or home button lit blinking. Surfed all threads related issues of battery drainage and all was pushing toward either sending it back to HP or opening the back cover and do external charging. Before doing either of these solution,, I decided to keep it connected to the wall plug for at least 1 week to see what is going to happen. Believe it or not ,on the 3rd day the home button lit started to blink and in 30 minutes the battery symbol came back then after about 10 minutes it boots normally on CM9 with all the installed apps working perfectly

My clear message and conclusion: CM9 is eating the battery very fast without any warning to the low level of the charges that will force the system to shutdown to keep some charges for reboot

My clear advise:
    1.after finishing working with CM9 reboot on webOS and you can leave it without charging, in the worst case if the charges get to as low as 10% it will force to shutdown
    2-if you are planning to charge overnight,do it through the wall plug and not through the touchstone, specifically if you are keeping it running CM9
    3-be patient if your touchpad is really dead and you are connected to the wall plug, there will be no signs of charging, as hot cylinder plug or lit blinking, but finally it will come
    4- if you' re continuously running CM9 and don't want to boot back to webOS, make sure to install battery monitoring apps or battery saver apps to warn you about the charges level
    5- keep on reading other stuff experience in this forum ,it is very useful and you can pick up something that help you to solve your case

Regards to all.
    Sent from my TP CM9 after being coming back to life
    flekarski likes this.
    2-if you are planning to charge overnight,do it through the wall plug and not through the touchstone, specifically if you are keeping it running CM9
    Can you elaborate on this? I'm new to CM9. What's the problem with charging via the touchstone?
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    So does this battery problem affect all builds of CM9, or just the nightly or alpha 2 or what? Kinda scared now, as I have a bad habit of not recharging till the last second or recharging once it dies >.>
    This has happened to me. The number one thing is not to panic. Keep trying to charge it using the main charger and eventually it will come back to life!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast