Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    It happened to me today morning, luckily happy ending. Today morning after running CM9 for a week, it would not power up in morning when I tried to check email. I had it in touchstone charger yesterday night also. Not sure what happened it did not charge and the screen was ON always. I thought I am done. But I connected to USB main charger and after 5 minutes the red battery icon came up and I am charging it ever since. When I checked the battery sub menu in Settings, it shows as Screen was always on last night and battery has drained in a sharp slope. So moral seems to not to rely on touchstone with CM9. I will resort to regular usb cable and use touchstone only for webos.
    To those who have to remove the battery to charge, don't fret. Charging a lipo is easy and safe contrary to what the previous poster has said. Lipo chargers are out there and cheap at any hobby store that sells R/C Cars, helicopters, or air planes. Lipos are the main battery source now-a-days for rechargable items and are very main stream.

This happened to me today but luckily a reset worked fine.
    I made the mistake of draining my battery while in CM9 then trying to charge it overnight. It did not work. I was able to get a little charge to reboot back into WebOS. In less than 30 min it has charged more than it did overnight.
    As flekarski has mentioned,no need to be panic.I have been out of battery several times and recharging by the wall charger works fine after repeated trial. Just leave it connected till it comes back to life by it's own. I see the safest way to install a battery app and adjust the automatic reboot to webOS as the first option in cyboot installed from pre ware
    Good luck for all
    do all releases of CM9 including the latest nightly build have this issue?

can someone please summarize

1. how to set WebOs as the default boot OS
    2. recommended app / scheduler that will prevent CM9 from draining the battery too low -- preferably auto shutdown or restart at 10% of battery

will the above solve the problem fully?
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Android HP Touchpad device dead? Put webOS on it.

Sent from HPTP Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by CaseyDDR View Post
    To those who have to remove the battery to charge, don't fret. Charging a lipo is easy and safe contrary to what the previous poster has said. Lipo chargers are out there and cheap at any hobby store that sells R/C Cars, helicopters, or air planes. Lipos are the main battery source now-a-days for rechargable items and are very main stream.

This happened to me today but luckily a reset worked fine.
    The thing is with those chargers, is most of them are battery specific, in terms of both amperage/voltage, and connector. You might luck out and find.something that can work, but most likely you would need to buy a higher end charger......one that has multiple connectors, and programmable settings for charge. I have an ONYX 235 (made by Duratrax) charger for my truck, as I needed something that could charge both NiMH and LiPo batteries, as well as quick-charge them (in an hour versus 8 for the standard chargers.)

It was somewhere around $100, but worth it for me.There is a USB input, but no micro-USB, not sure if something like that would work or not. (I don't know what the connector on the battery itself looks like.)

Search it up maybe it could work.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by albert_e View Post
    do all releases of CM9 including the latest nightly build have this issue?

can someone please summarize

1. how to set WebOs as the default boot OS
    2. recommended app / scheduler that will prevent CM9 from draining the battery too low -- preferably auto shutdown or restart at 10% of battery

will the above solve the problem fully?
    If you want to set webOS as default, then install Cyboot in Preware......or install the AOKP ICS build, it does that automatically.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Those of you with battery problems, try downloading CPUspy just to make sure your TouchPad is going into deep sleep.

Mine drains 1% per hour with wifi on during sleep, gmail sync on, and so on.
    Got this solution off another forum and tried it. Worked liked a charm. I was about to throw my tp out the window.

"If you can't pull a charge from the TP wall plug charger, and you know the cheap TP USB cable hasn't gone bad, here is the next thing to try: Go get a standard, low power, USB charger (like for your cellphone, or if need be use your computer's regular USB port). Plug the bugger in on your wimpy little USB cell phone charger and let it trickle charge at that low, 1000mAmp rate for a couple of hours and see what happens. I revived mine doing this, after the TP wall charger did nothing for 14 hours. It appears that if the voltage drops too low, the only way to charge it is using the standard USB voltage and not the higher voltage normally fed out by the TP wall plug or Touchstone. Definitely try this before you go through all the trouble of pulling the thing apart."

I hope this works for you. I just used an htc usb with the htc wall charger. Juiced the tp just enough
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    I'm still not 100% sure. has this battery draining issue been resolved in the latest CM9 builds or not?
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    I'm still not 100% sure. has this battery draining issue been resolved in the latest CM9 builds or not?
    I don't think this is always the issue, but a potential one. Not sure if it is due to CM or just a defect in the charge system/battery. I have been running CM in one flavor or another since late last year. My daughter uses the tablet often and she is not careful about turning it off after use. It has "ran out" of battery many time in both WebOS and CM7/9 with no problems. I will often view movies before sleep and set it next to the bed when I go to sleep. Sometimes I turn it off sometimes not. Never had an issue. That is until last week.

Now I am in the same boat as those in this thread. The Touchpad seems just dead. I charged it for a day and a half by OEM charger and new cable, nothing. I'm going to try charging uninterrupted for a few days otherwise I'm going call HP and exchange it out. I'm right at about a year here so I don't want to miss the chance for a warranty replacement if needed.
    Samsung Rant-> Palm Pre-> HTC EVO 3D
    HP Touchpad
    Just in case someone else runs into this and needs some encouragement, I thought I'd share my experience. My Touchpad running CM9 went dead too. Placed an almost dead TP on the Touchstone and realized a couple days later someone had unplugged it so the TP discharged to the point of being completely dead.

For days it showed no response on either my Touchstone or plugged into the wall charger. I left it plugged in for over a week, several times checking it to see if I could turn it on and no luck. I figured it was toast and even unplugged it for a while, but plugged it back in figuring it wasn't certainly wasn't making it any worse. Anyway, after about a week and a half I tried it again. Finally the screen lit up with the dead battery icon. I stuck it on the Touchstone and within a few minutes it booted and then went on to fully re-charge.

So, if it happens to you don't totally despair. It might take a little longer than you'd expect but even a few days with no response doesn't mean all hope is lost or that you had to go out take it apart and hook up a lipo charger.
    Quote Originally Posted by ALuckyGuy View Post
    Just in case someone else runs into this and needs some encouragement, I thought I'd share my experience. My Touchpad running CM9 went dead too. Placed an almost dead TP on the Touchstone and realized a couple days later someone had unplugged it so the TP discharged to the point of being completely dead.

For days it showed no response on either my Touchstone or plugged into the wall charger. I left it plugged in for over a week, several times checking it to see if I could turn it on and no luck. I figured it was toast and even unplugged it for a while, but plugged it back in figuring it wasn't certainly wasn't making it any worse. Anyway, after about a week and a half I tried it again. Finally the screen lit up with the dead battery icon. I stuck it on the Touchstone and within a few minutes it booted and then went on to fully re-charge.

So, if it happens to you don't totally despair. It might take a little longer than you'd expect but even a few days with no response doesn't mean all hope is lost or that you had to go out take it apart and hook up a lipo charger.
    Thanks for sharing your story, you're giving me a little hope. I'm having the same issue as everyone else here (battery died running CM9). Depending on whether I'm on a charger or not, my TP alternates between the big battery/question mark icon, and a flashing home light. Did your TP have these same problems, or no lights at all? Thanks!
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I only use my touchpad in CM9. I had a drained battery after about 4-6 weeks of not using it at all. I tried several things, so I'm not sure which worked, but within about 45 minutes I got the battery charge symbol to appear. It is now charging with the touchpad charger, still on the batter charge symbol... we'll see if it comes to life soon.

Here's what I tried (each one for about 30-60 seconds). Some of them probably don't do anything, but I tried anyway... :
    Power + Home
    Power + vol down + home
    Power + vol up + home
    Power + vol up
    Plugged in TP charger for 10-15 minutes
    Plugged in a smaller charger (samsung gear 2 with 0.55A output) for 10-15 minutes

I tried all of the above in various orders and combinations. Sometimes the home button would flash white from left to right, sometimes it wouldn't. I think it finally showed the battery charge icon when I had the weaker charger connected for a while, removed the charger and held power + home, but I can't be totally sure. When the battery charge icon showed, I immediately plugged in the touchpad charger. Hopefully it is getting charge now and will wake up soon.
    also note touchpads arent the only ones with this drain to death issue, ive had 2 chineese phablets that did the exact same thing that had android 4.0/4.1
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12