Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ncinerate
  1.    #1  
    I've been using my touchpad a TON over the last week and battery life was getting to be an issue (so much so that I've been actually running it underclocked at 1ghz with no issues and enjoying better life).

Anyway, I noticed something that seems to seriously effect the battery on my TP. It turns out google talk auto-logged in and has -stayed- logged in since I installed CM9. It's causing a constant drain on the battery, so I went into it and logged out, killing it. Battery life has improved remarkably, and I'm getting a full HARD day of use out of the device without a recharge. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend everyone goes and logs out of Google Talk.

Anyway, YMMV, but it's been a real and very visible change on my TP.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    noseph likes this.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Thanks for the tip. I was also logged in without knowing it. I already started wondering why the battery life was not as good as under webOS. Did you also disable Talk (in Settings/Apps) or did you only log out?

Sent from my TouchPad running ICS
    Great tip - didn't realize I was logged in. Battery has been an issue for me too. I finally installed a power manager (JuiceDefender) and it really helped I think mainly by turning off the wifi when the screen is off and idle.

There are a number of battery saver apps out there - are you using one you would recommend?
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Maybe I'm blind... but I don't see Google talk or anything that looks like it as an installed app or running service on alpha 2. So does this mean I don't have it and don't have to worry about it?
    Quote Originally Posted by whocares69 View Post
    Maybe I'm blind... but I don't see Google talk or anything that looks like it as an installed app or running service on alpha 2. So does this mean I don't have it and don't have to worry about it?
    Did you install the updated Google apps during or after your CM9 flash?

Google Apps download: Google Apps - RootzWiki

The app icon looks like a square dialog balloon and says "talk" in blue letters.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadgetude View Post
    Did you install the updated Google apps during or after your CM9 flash?

Google Apps download: Google Apps - RootzWiki

The app icon looks like a square dialog balloon and says "talk" in blue letters.
    Now I see it, I'm just blind apparently. Logged out and disabled. Thanks