1.    #1  
    Hey!
    I'm considering putting cm9 alpha 2 on my touchpad. I was wondering that on the off chance I don't like is there a way to completely get rid of all android files/partitions/other android things from the touchpad without losing any things I currently have on my touchpad.

Is this possible?
    If so how would you go about doing it?

Thank you
    You install CM9 using ACMEinstaller.

ACMEuninstaller is also available to completely remove CM9.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by chronoreverse View Post
    You install CM9 using ACMEinstaller.

ACMEuninstaller is also available to completely remove CM9.
    And I would then restore from webos doctor. Which would leave me with a factory touchpad. Correct?
    How would I backup and restore from a backup to keep all of my web os data?
    Quote Originally Posted by hpTouchpadiscool View Post
    And I would then restore from webos doctor. Which would leave me with a factory touchpad. Correct?

You would not need to run the doctor after removing CM9. It does not effect your webOS build at all in short of less USB storage space.

How would I backup and restore from a backup to keep all of my web os data?
    The backup app in webOS automatically does this and anything running in webOS runs independently from android. The backup is on HP's server to restore from when you sign back into your webOS account. I would add if you remove CM9 you may wanna backup the USB data to your computer just in case since the partitions get played with.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    The backup app in webOS automatically does this and anything running in webOS runs independently from android. The backup is on HP's server to restore from when you sign back into your webOS account. I would add if you remove CM9 you may wanna backup the USB data to your computer just in case since the partitions get played with.
    Thank you so much for the info.

The partitions would be restored to their original state by the ACMEuninstaller right?

I just want to make sure that if I install android and don't like it I can always come back to a touchpad that is just the same as it was before android was installed.
    <thread moved>
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    The partitions would be restored to their original state by the ACMEuninstaller right?

It's supposed to but if it leaves the android partitions behind then you can use homebrew app Tailor to remove those excess partions out to resize the USB drive back to normal:

Application:Tailor - WebOS Internals

Due note the ACMEUninstaller is not the only tool in our arsenal that will rip out the droid

8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    It's supposed to but if it leaves the android partitions behind then you can use homebrew app Tailor to remove those excess partions out to resize the USB drive back to normal:

Application:Tailor - WebOS Internals

Due note the ACMEUninstaller is not the only tool in our arsenal that will rip out the droid
    What other ways are there?
    A Hammer & Chisel?

Incidentally.. and perhaps obviously, webOS 'backup' to server will only occur if you have 'Backup' switched to 'ON' !

You can memboot or possibly novaterm into the touchpad to remove those partitions and re-size the media partition but why if Tailor app can do the same thing easier. Otherwise there are no other reasonable means to rip android out. Most cases the ACMEUninstaller will do the trick.