Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
  1.    #1  
    Progress: boot up successfully but cannot unlock the screen due to lacking of Touchscreen Driver.

Problem: Veer touchscreen is something that diffrent. I can not see the driver init in kernel log. The driver released by HP seems to be framework that make the fireware work.
    When CM port android to touchpad, they must also met this problem ( the chip is different to veer, but the driver is in similar situation), i wann know how do they fsolve this problem?

Any advice or help?

android-on-veer proof:
    Downloads - android-on-veer - port android to hp veer - Google Project Hosting
    Maybe try contacting Cyanogen Mod team on their website?
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2Ę about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Send a PM to Herrie.

He's very familiar with the Touchscreen driver for the Veer.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Send a PM to Herrie.

He's very familiar with the Touchscreen driver for the Veer.
    Thank you.
    You get that dual booting, and I'm buying a Veer. Although I have significant doubts about Android operating reasonably on such a small screen :O
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    You get that dual booting, and I'm buying a Veer. Although I have significant doubts about Android operating reasonably on such a small screen :O
    No buy veer just cos there is a probability that android can run on it. A lot of wok need to do, first is touchscreen , then multi-Media, wifi, and what is more, the GSM module driver. You dont run android as a touchstone, right?

have not unlocked the screen, so i dont know what is the feeling of ICS on veer, but at least, the memory is enough, After boot done, there are still nearly 192M free memory on veer.
    Well, I'd buy one because it runs webOS. It would be a sure thing if I could also run some form of Android on it, as I need an Android test device as well.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Well, I'd buy one because it runs webOS. It would be a sure thing if I could also run some form of Android on it, as I need an Android test device as well.
    If touchscreen driver is ok , i think your will can be realized mostly,.
  9. g7
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by g7 View Post
    THX

CM team write a user space driver, maybe should i write a similar driver.
    But first problem is that i dont know where to get the touchscreen data. there is not touchscreen dev in /dev.
    I also sent to you in PM: Generic Cypress CY8CTMA300 driver - xda-developers

It's supposed to have a 10 finger driver for the Cypress CY8CTMA300(e).

Furthermore the following link also seems to have a driver:

https://www.codeaurora.org/git/proje...reen/cy8c_ts.c

And another one:

/* linux/drivers/input/touchscreen/cy8ctma300_touch.c * * Copyright (C) 2009 - Pastebin.com
    Defying likes this.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    I also sent to you in PM: Generic Cypress CY8CTMA300 driver - xda-developers

It's supposed to have a 10 finger driver for the Cypress CY8CTMA300(e).

Furthermore the following link also seems to have a driver:

https://www.codeaurora.org/git/proje...reen/cy8c_ts.c

And another one:

/* linux/drivers/input/touchscreen/cy8ctma300_touch.c * * Copyright (C) 2009 - Pastebin.com
    Oh man, this is going to be amazing. I cannot wait.
    Why moderators move that topic to "Android on TouchPad"? Topic about Veer, not Touchpad!

By the way, I can help with testing
    Quote Originally Posted by Alinaki View Post
    Why moderators move that topic to "Android on TouchPad"? Topic about Veer, not Touchpad!

By the way, I can help with testing
    The topic is about Android.... And at the moment that is our only Android forum (even tho it says Touchpad). That's why.... If you have questions, please PM me.

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
    OMG help the pixi out and port it there too!
    get this working now !! Love my veer and ICE on it would be great.
    dadueler likes this.
    is it possible to have more proof than 2 screenshots? I'm sorry but I have a little bit of trouble believing that it was ported like that
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Hopefully this effort turns out successful and will also result in an Android version running on the Pre3. I preferably would like to see this merged into a cyanogen mod though.
    Quote Originally Posted by iam070 View Post
    Progress: boot up successfully but cannot unlock the screen due to lacking of Touchscreen Driver.

Problem: Veer touchscreen is something that diffrent. I can not see the driver init in kernel log. The driver released by HP seems to be framework that make the fireware work.
    When CM port android to touchpad, they must also met this problem ( the chip is different to veer, but the driver is in similar situation), i wann know how do they fsolve this problem?

Any advice or help?

android-on-veer proof:
    Downloads - android-on-veer - port android to hp veer - Google Project Hosting
    Can you offer us some detail about porting? cuz this is amazing..... Hope to get your responce
    Fantastic work. I hope pre3 is next !
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast