Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    I don't personally have any wifi issues with my touchpad either at home or out in the world, but that's been the case since CM7 when -everyone- seemed to be having trouble.

For those of you who DO have issues, there's a lot of discussion surrounding a program that supposedly fixes all issues, FXR WiFi fix and rescue. Here's a quick video discussing install and running of this fix, and everything I've read on the subject seems to say it works brilliantly. Hope it helps!

New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Thanks for the heads up. Never had any significant wi-fi issues until recently but has been a bit temperamental under Alpha 2.0

Will give this a go and report back once I've had a chance to test it properly.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    The best advice that I can give for wifi re-connection issues is to set your router to the lowest uncongested channel in your location. I have never had any re-connection issues with webOS on my TouchPad with my router's wifi channel set to auto, however cm9 is another story. I used Wifi Analyzer (free in the Market Place) and found that the auto setting on my router was actually setting channel 11, it also showed me that channel 4 would have no conflicts with my neighborhood networks. Once I set my router to channel 4 and rebooted I have not had any re-connection issues at all with cm9.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    i thought the only bad issue the devs themselves had noted was the wifi asically dying/going bad when entering sleepmode and not always coming out perfectly, maybe an app to keep it alive permanantly, if theres other major issues it shouldnt take them too long provided the android resources hp released was of any use.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    i thought the only bad issue the devs themselves had noted was the wifi asically dying/going bad when entering sleepmode and not always coming out perfectly, maybe an app to keep it alive permanantly, if theres other major issues it shouldnt take them too long provided the android resources hp released was of any use.
    This may be the same issue. There is a setting to keep wifi on during sleep, just as there is in webOS.

Can't connect WIFI on TP CM9 Alpha 2, Router shows MAC address as connected but 'not connected' on TP. Can't get online to download FXR WiFi fix to see if that works. I tried going back to Alpha 0.6 where I could get connected, but now that's not working either. Suggestions?

additional info. WIFI setting shows (SSID) Saved, Secured with WPA/WPA2. I have validated password several times (other laptop and secoud Touchpad running WebOS 3.0.5) and booting the CM9 TP to WebOS (which does connect) Boot to CM9, no go...

It WORKs.... I don't know why, but much happier ....
    Last edited by xnavybum; 02/26/2012 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Update:
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xnavybum View Post
    Can't connect WIFI on TP CM9 Alpha 2, Router shows MAC address as connected but 'not connected' on TP. Can't get online to download FXR WiFi fix to see if that works. I tried going back to Alpha 0.6 where I could get connected, but now that's not working either. Suggestions?

additional info. WIFI setting shows (SSID) Saved, Secured with WPA/WPA2. I have validated password several times (other laptop and secoud Touchpad running WebOS 3.0.5) and booting the CM9 TP to WebOS (which does connect) Boot to CM9, no go...

It WORKs.... I don't know why, but much happier ....
    What channel is router wifi set to?

Channel 4, I think what got WiFi working is I found the service toolbar (under apps, third screen?) and turned off WiFi, then turned it back on... shortly thereafter, WiFi was availble on the TouchPad...
    Does anyone suspect that the Touchstone Dock may 'interfere' with TP's Wifi reception/abilities?

What frequency does the Touchstone actually 'transmit' at? I believe it is quite high.. possibly creating 'harmonics' and therefore disturbance, with standard Wifi frequencies?

?
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Does anyone suspect that the Touchstone Dock may 'interfere' with TP's Wifi reception/abilities?

What frequency does the Touchstone actually 'transmit' at? I believe it is quite high.. possibly creating 'harmonics' and therefore disturbance, with standard Wifi frequencies?

?
    I would be very surprised if the Touchstone was interfering with wifi. As I stated in post #3 above, I have never had any problems with wifi when running webOS, it was only after dual booting into CM9.

I think the CM wifi driver just kinda sucks.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    jeanjean likes this.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xnavybum View Post
    Channel 4, I think what got WiFi working is I found the service toolbar (under apps, third screen?) and turned off WiFi, then turned it back on... shortly thereafter, WiFi was availble on the TouchPad...
    Glad you got it working. An easier way to turn off WiFi is to tap on the clock in the lower right corner and then select the setting icon just below the clock. This gets you to something similar to tapping on the battery in the upper right corner of webOS.

Until today I could not connect to my home network without forgetting it and reconnecting, and my uni's network has been almost completely unusable (on CM9, whereas webOS has been great).

Attempts to manually change locale/region in various ways have all failed.

adding "ap_scan=2" to data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf fixed the problem with my home router. Hoping it will work at uni as well.

If you have wifi trouble, if nothing else can help, and if you're bored, maybe you can set ap_scan mode to 2. This mode seems to be appreciated by some of the more frustrating/crappy drivers out there. If it works, let us know! Good luck
    I have 2 touchpad with cm9 alpha 2 installed.

TP 1 is on android 24/7 and has not had any WiFi problems so far after more than a week on android.

TP 2 is on webOS most of the time, I seldom turn on android, but when I do, the WiFi is wonky, I have to restart to android to get it to work, then after working a while it stops working again....

could it be because I use webOS more with TP 2, WiFi is a hit or miss and TP 1 is always on android so its not really dual booting? I have no scientific explanation :-) just a coincidence on my part...
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Ran the patch a while ago now but still having occasional no thoughput problems (i.e. wifi says it's still connected fine but can't load web pages, stream video etc).

Turning the wifi off and on again normally fixes it and it only usually happens after prolonged periods of use. All my other wifi devices stay connected for days on end so definitely unique to the Touchpad / CM9.

A little annoying but not the end of the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by P_Yiddy View Post
    Ran the patch a while ago now but still having occasional no thoughput problems (i.e. wifi says it's still connected fine but can't load web pages, stream video etc).

Turning the wifi off and on again normally fixes it and it only usually happens after prolonged periods of use. All my other wifi devices stay connected for days on end so definitely unique to the Touchpad / CM9.

A little annoying but not the end of the world.
    I am experiencing the same with my TP2 (refer to post above), doing the same thing to resolve. On and off. The app didn't help in the long run.
    Just installed the cm9 alpha 2 last night and I have issues connecting to my wifi. Even though my wifi has been detected as saved, there's still "No Internet Connection" message. I would like to try the FXR Wifi, however, I have no idea on how to download and install it to my TP without the wifi.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    ...failure is NOT an option!
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Go into wifi settings in CM9 and do a long press on your saved network. This will give you the option to forget network.

Then try connecting again and re-enter your passkey.

Might work.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    You should also check your router wifi channel and make sure it is set to a lower channel (1 and 6 are reported to work reliably). From experience I can report that channel 11 will give you problems, this seems to come up as the default on a lot of routers if you leave the channel selection set to auto.

Funny thing is, I have 2 touchpads.

The 32gb I bought on launch day is the one having problems.

The 16gb I got from the 2nd firesale isn't giving me problems!

Will try to change my wifi channel and give feedback. Mine is set to 11, not auto. Its been really annoying lately.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast