Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    I have noticed a 'possible' better connection if Wifi is already set to 'On' before (re)booting into CM9.

I also have it set to 'off' during sleep however.

Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    I would be very surprised if the Touchstone was interfering with wifi. As I stated in post #3 above, I have never had any problems with wifi when running webOS, it was only after dual booting into CM9.

That's what I meant: possible interference problem with Touchstone in Android.
    I noticed my Wifi in CM9 went spastic once.. chasing through all available local connections etc, until I disconnected the power from the Touchstone.. when it then returned to 'normal'.

Just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    That's what I meant: possible interference problem with Touchstone in Android.
    I noticed my Wifi in CM9 went spastic once.. chasing through all available local connections etc, until I disconnected the power from the Touchstone.. when it then returned to 'normal'.

Just a thought

This could be true. The Touchpad that has wifi problems is charged via the touchstone, the one not having problem,s is the one charged just via the USB cord.

I have changed my router channel to 1. I remember reading somewhere that putting the channel in either ENDS of the spectrum (1 or 11) is better than putting it somewhere in the middle (3 or 6). I will observe the change that I made and see if it will work for me.

If the channel changing doesn't work, I will try to shy away from the touchstone. But for now, I will use the touchstone :-).

Just a tidbit. Did you know that the clock in android shows up while charging with the touchstone? :-) its a nice surprise for me when I tried it the first time :-)
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Ok, or try swapping the normally charged Touchstone TP, for the other one and see if the same Wifi 'symptoms' occur? I only have one TP, so can't do that 'Control Experiment'!

Yes, the CM9 Clock/Touchstone sync. seems to be the Android equivalent of 'Exhibition Mode Auto-on' in webOS.. I haven't found a way to turn the bloody thing off yet!

Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    On mine if you go to the home page from the clock while on the touchstone the next time it is due to sleep the screen will be blank. I can return to the clock by removing and then replacing back on the touchstone.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Just to report about my little experiment.

Since changing the channel on my router, I am connected for longer stretches at a time before my wifi finally says out of range. Even if its 5 feet in line of sight away. Sadly it is not a permanent fix.

I have unplugged my to touchstone and have been charging via USB for the past few days. It has been disconnecting still when idle for a long period of time. For how long? I have not determined that yet.

I might however do a complete uninstall reinstall of alpha 2. I am really puzzled as to why my other Touchpad is not having wifi problems (like others here with their touch pads)

EDIT:

UPDATE!!!

I might have discovered something really simple solution to my problem!

Go to settings, then wifi.

tap the three dots on the upper right corner and go to advanced

there is an option there that says Keep wifi on during sleep

for some reason the TP that is having problems was set to NEVER and the TP that was not having problems was set to ALWAYS.

I have set mine to ALWAYS now.

lets wait and see!
    Last edited by johnj2803; 03/05/2012 at 03:31 PM.
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Ok, with this app, it appears as though the problems I have been having were solved. Bizarrely enough, the haptic feedback on my keyboard appears to be fixed too, which had only been functioning in the first little bit after of fresh boot. Whether this is related or not I'm happy about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    I don't personally have any wifi issues with my touchpad either at home or out in the world, but that's been the case since CM7 when -everyone- seemed to be having trouble.

For those of you who DO have issues, there's a lot of discussion surrounding a program that supposedly fixes all issues, FXR WiFi fix and rescue. Here's a quick video discussing install and running of this fix, and everything I've read on the subject seems to say it works brilliantly. Hope it helps!

This fix also works with CM7.
    Thank you kindly,
    Rosy
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I was getting a good connection using the Alpha 2 build. I just updated to last nights nightly build and now it won't work at all. Just goes from "Saved, secured with WPA2" to "connecting" and then back to "saved".

Anyone any ideas before I try reverting back to the original Alpha 2 build?

Alan
    I am tech savy, but not network savy......We are on an access point connected to the router. I see we are sharing channel 11 with another (not the router). How do I change the channel?
    Thank you kindly,
    Rosy
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    To change the wireless channel you need to log onto the router / access point and under the wireless menu there will be an option to change the channel.

If you don't know how to log onto the device just google it or check the manual.
    Quote Originally Posted by xnavybum View Post
    Channel 4, I think what got WiFi working is I found the service toolbar (under apps, third screen?) and turned off WiFi, then turned it back on... shortly thereafter, WiFi was availble on the TouchPad...
    Ah, Phooey! This seemed at first to be the solution to my problem, but no such luck!

My TP, with newly installed CM9, got online with no problems just after my successful install this afternoon. But after booting back into WebOS, when I came back to Android, I had no wifi -- I switched it off and then on, and at first it seemed ok, but then I saw that although I was connected to my router, I had a notification of "no Internet connection" (unlike every other wifi device in the house). Once I booted back into WebOS, it got online just fine.

Guess I'll continue searching for an answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    I was getting a good connection using the Alpha 2 build. I just updated to last nights nightly build and now it won't work at all. Just goes from "Saved, secured with WPA2" to "connecting" and then back to "saved".

Anyone any ideas before I try reverting back to the original Alpha 2 build?

Alan
    Maybe it's completely unrelated, but I installed that build as well.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Since I have no network on my CM9 build, I can't install the app as mentioned in this post. Anyone know where I can get hold of the APK file so I can copy it to my TP via USB?

Alan
    Since I have no network on my CM9 build, I can't install the app as mentioned in this post. Anyone know where I can get hold of the APK file so I can copy it to my TP via USB?

Alan

When that happens to me (TP on CM9 - Previously CM7) and i know this sounds nuts but..... 1st "Forget" the connection that shows as saved, then put the TP in Airplane mode, then while in Airplane Mode toggle the wifi back on. When you put it in Airplane mode it should have toggled it off. And even then, sometimes for me it still doesnt cooperate. I just do it over and usually by the 2nd/3rd time it connects.

Also like it was mentioned here, click on those 3dots at the top right and make sure that your wifi stays on "allways"...
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I think it's something to do with the fact that my hotspot is on channel 11. Its not changeable as far as I can see (it's Connectify) so I'm stuck.

Its also to do with the nightly builds. Any build apart from the original CM9 has this problem. CM9 base build connects every time.

AGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Alan

Alan
    Good morning Alan,

I got the APK file from 4shared.com when I had the exact same issue.
    Thank you kindly,
    Rosy
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rosystreasures View Post
    Good morning Alan,

I got the APK file from 4shared.com when I had the exact same issue.
    Do you have a full URL? Sorry - found it.

Thanks

Alan
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    I think it's something to do with the fact that my hotspot is on channel 11. Its not changeable as far as I can see (it's Connectify) so I'm stuck.

Its also to do with the nightly builds. Any build apart from the original CM9 has this problem. CM9 base build connects every time.

AGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Alan
    Google is your friend, first entry under change connectify channel is [SOLVED] how to change the wifi channel of a hotspot ? - Tech Support Forum
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Thanks for that. On Windows 7 on my laptop , it's called "Ad Hoc Channel 802.11b/g".

I'll play and see if it makes any difference.

regards

Alan
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast