Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree17Likes
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paulieesther View Post
    Anybody tries this with the 0515 nightly yet?
    megalondon_67 on RootzWiki has reported it to be broken on 0515,
    I have not yet updated to 0515.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    megalondon_67 on RootzWiki has reported it to be broken on 0515,
    I have not yet updated to 0515.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    I just installed 20120517 Official Nightly and WebCM9 0.4 for Official Nightly 05/07 works just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    I just installed 20120517 Official Nightly and WebCM9 0.4 for Official Nightly 05/07 works just fine.
    Shoot I had to remove it. It was making my Mxplayer crash.
    I've installed for the first time the the rom update-cm-9.0.0-tenderloin-20120501-0800-signed (I was surprised how easy it all was).
    Is there a version of webCM9 that will work with this rom?

Thanks
    Just reporting in..

I installed WebCM9 0.4 for CM9 Official Nightly 05/20 on update-cm-9-20120522-NIGHTLY-tenderloin-signed.zip along with Task Changer Pro 5.3.0 last night. I haven't discovered any issues.

Actually, I installed update-cm-9-20120522-NIGHTLY-tenderloin-signed.zip 3 nights ago, which finally has THE most stable Wi-Fi driver to date. Now, it automatically connects every time, even after rebooting to either WebOS 3.0.5 or ICS!

The combination of all these together has really made the experience with my HP Touchpad very functional and enjoyable. So, I may be sticking with this combo for the foreseeable future. At least until there's a stable and functioning update that includes the mic and camera, IF and when that occurs! :-)

One step at a time...
    Do you use mxplayer? Does it crash?
    Quote Originally Posted by paulieesther View Post
    Do you use mxplayer? Does it crash?
    I didn't have mx player installed. However, since inquiring minds want to know, I loaded version 1.6f last night. I don't have any movies loaded on my Touchpad, as I usually view streaming videos. However, Win7 comes with some sample video clips. I found an .mp4 that was 1080 and 5 seconds long. So, I used it as the test subject. I'd start the video and within a second, I'd swipe from the right bezel in to the left. WebCM9 would launch. Immediately the .mp4 paused. I selected a different app from the WebCM9 displayed apps, opened it, swiped again and chose mx player. The .mp4 un-paused and continued. So, I thought everything seemed to be OK.

However, a few minutes later while I was carrying the tablet to another room, ICS spontaneously rebooted. Now, that hadn't happend even once before with CM9. However, after the reboot, I've yet to have another issue with mx player working and interacting with WebCM9.

Bottom Line: mxplayer crashed by itself. However, ICS rebooted once with it installed.

Did you have a specific scenario you'd like me to test before I remove mx player? (I'll install it again if I have a use for it in the future.)
    I need to re-read my posts more carefully. The sentence Bottom Line: should have begun... mx player NEVER crashed itself...
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    2 questions:

1. Is this still something worth trying?
    2. Why do I need taskchanger pro?

cheers

Alan
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    2 questions:

1. Is this still something worth trying?
    2. Why do I need taskchanger pro?

cheers

Alan
    1. I use it all the time and find it very useful alternative to the default recent apps list.
    2. I am not sure that the current incarnation (WebCM9 0.4) needs Task Changer Pro. I do have it installed and configured, however it does not seem to be listed in the rootzwiki home [MOD] [PORT] WebCM9 0.4 - WebOS-like app switcher [3/9/12] [CM9/AOKP] - HP Touchpad Android Development - RootzWiki as a requirement. I started with Make app switching closer to WebOS [SOLVED + VIDEO!] [Update: Now with High Res Thumbnails!] - HP Touchpad - RootzWiki which did require Task Changer Pro. I believe that this thread was started using the instructions found there and has been modified/updated several times to accommodate changes to current development. That said having Task Changer Pro configured to show running apps with a swipe from the top is very handy whether it is required for WebCM9 0.4 or not.

EDIT: It seems that Task Changer brings webOS like swipes to WebCM9 0.4.
    Last edited by noseph; 06/19/2012 at 07:29 AM.

Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Thank you.

Alan
    Before I attempt installing this, does anyone have any news about compatibility and stability with the CM9 2012 07 02 Nightly?

Thanks!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345