Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    You are not the target, it is the rapid development of CM9.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Phew!

Yes - on more than one 'front' it now seems.
    Exciting times ahead for webOS too I suspect!

Love this, but I now have a thin yellow horizontal bar at the top of my screen. Any idea what this is?
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    grappler, you just need to look back to the previous page at post #25 for the answer.

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Sadly after the last update task changer has been crashing constantly for me, no amount of cache wipes improves it. I may have to find the older .apk or just forgo it completely. I find myself using the bottom bar anyways as task changer seems to hate my rough fingers(then again capacitive screens hate them in general).
    Probably sent from HP Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    Just a heads-up - Task Changer was updated yesterday and added a couple of new features. In particular the Show Memory bar and the Show Battery bar. They will show as thin colored lines across the top of your screen, they are apparently on by default and if they annoy you they can be turned off in settings at the very bottom.
    Interesting. A pretty cool implementation, actually (the memory bar is fun to watch), but it wad driving me nuts using Netflix. Thanks for the tip.
    At first, I wondered whether this task changer update was really necessary. It's sort of like webOS and certainly has the look of it but it is not mimicking webOS totally. What it really does is to make the recent apps icon larger and scroll horizontally, rather than vetically. Functionally, it's identical to ICS out of the box and it did not add any new functionality. But as I used it more, I really appreciate the bigger icon for recent apps and I like the swiping up action to get rid of it since that's consistent with webOS and I don't have to think hard about swiping sideways. I disabled swipe in from top left bezel area to bring up recent apps b/c it was overtaking with Dolphin browser's left bezel swipe to bring up bookmarks. I find that I'm perfectly alright pressing ICS' native recent apps button to display the "cards" rather than swiping. Actually, it's quicker. I'm really liking this task changer. I think pressing to do stuff is totally ok and if we lose Pre-like gestures altogether in Open webOS, I'd be fine.

I guess future want list would be:
    - Making the "center" card bigger than the rest like webOS (which is actually in the possible future improvements already) and actually stop each card in the center rather than free scroll like it does now. Maybe bringing a bit of QNX (never thought I'd say this) card scroll behavior is best. If you swipe fast, it will free scroll but if you do quick short swipes, it will just move one card at a time.
    - As much improvement ICS' recent apps list is compared to Gingerbread's running apps list (or lack thereof), when you bring up the recent apps, it always shows all the other apps and changes order in the way it was accessed... I'd rather see the webOS behavior where the current card is minimized and stays in place so you always know where you are, instead of just overlaying the most recent apps on top of the current card you're on.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Anyone know how to get rid of the green line at the top of the screen?
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    yeah, read through previous post that question was JUST answered.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdm8000 View Post
    Anyone know how to get rid of the green line at the top of the screen?
    Post #25.

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    So that's the memory bar. I unchecked the option but it didn't work at first, but later I rebooted and now it's gone.
    Will this work on CM9 for other devices? I have CM9 on my samsung epic (the one with HW KB) and would like to try it out on it to see if I like it better than the default ICS recently used app list which is kind of like a vertical scrolling version of app previews. But there's just something about it that bothers me every time I bring it up I can't quite put a finger on and think perhaps having the webOS card like experience would get rid of that not quite right feeling. If only it were really like webOS. How I miss the truly live apps. A number of apps I use on android are just like some of the apps from the palmOS days that failed to properly remember their state so that you had to repeat actions to be where you left off at with the apps.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    So, if you're like me you probably miss the simplicity and ease of webOS's card-based task management. It's nice, just flip open your cards, get a nice preview of what you were doing, tap on them to change apps, swipe them away when you're done with it. Maybe you wish Android could capture that.

Good news everyone!

Click to view quoted image

Thanks to some hard work over at the rootzwiki forum on the part of Dubi, Pacosal, Bboyairwreck, Brucekey, Tbob18, and others - we can now enjoy a nice card-based task manager with minimal effort. Ready to take the plunge? Ok!

Step 1: You're going to need the most recent version of WebCM9 (as of 2/24/12 it is 0.2). It works in either 120dpi or 160 dpi (the screenshot above is 160dpi). Find it here:
    [MOD] [PORT] WebCM9 0.1 - WebOS-like app switcher [2/24/12] [CM9A2] - RootzWiki

Step 2: Place the zip file for WebCM9 onto your touchpad (I place all my downloaded tweaks in a folder I named "android" but you can put it wherever you like). Do not extract the file contents, just drag and drop the .zip file.

Step 3: Reboot the touchpad into clockworkmod. Once there, choose "install zip from sdcard" and navigate to your WebCM9 file - install it and reboot into CM9.

Step 4: Now, we need to go to our google marketplace and install the application "Task Changer Pro". It's a free application, you can see it here:
    https://market.android.com/details?i...al.taskchanger

Step 5: Now that Task Changer Pro is installed, you need to open up task changer pro and tap on the three dots at the bottom of the screen, and then tap on the settings button that pops up, like so (arrows added for ease-of-understanding):

Click to view quoted image

Step 6: Once inside settings, you want to change a few things if you'd like this to work in the way I've personally got it set up. Change "left upper zone action" and "left lower zone action", and "right upper"/"right lower" to "show recents ICS". Then scroll down in settings and remove the check on "visible zones" (this gets rid of the colored bars on the edges of the screen). I also went ahead and turned the "time disabled task changer" down to 5, but you can do what you like here.

Everything can be configured to however you like, but I prefer it this way (I swipe from either side bezel and I get the task changer). Don't bother with the "bottom zone", the soft-button bar down there makes using a bottom-bezel upswipe difficult to work. You can make this function by removing the bottom soft-button bar, I may actually post an updated workaround with that, but I actually prefer to leave the bar where it is (it gives me notifications etc).

Now you're done, return to the desktop, open up some assorted apps, and enjoy easy swiping. Just swipe in from either side bezel (right or left) and it'll bring up the card-view, move about them as you normally would, swipe them away if you don't want them, tap on them to switch apps, and if you want to get out of card view just do a swipe-in from the bottom bezel to make it kick back to desktop. You can also bring up the card-view using the task-switcher button on your softbar at the bottom of the screen. It's not -exactly- like webOS, but it's damned close.

Easy as pie!
    on mine those bottom 3 buttons the arrows are pointing at were there but for some reason or another they disappeared I dont know why i have even did a complete wipe and reset of CM9 and still they wont return.

Mine doesnt have those menu at bottom

Anyways i still prefer webOS to android because android doesnt even have a simple button on any screen to go back to main menu from within an application.
    (((EXAMPLE open setting and choose almost anything in there doesnt have a sub menu it will open but you will notice you have to close setting windows and then reopen it but not back to where you were its from the begining of list )))))
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zxhwk View Post
    on mine those bottom 3 buttons the arrows are pointing at were there but for some reason or another they disappeared I dont know why i have even did a complete wipe and reset of CM9 and still they wont return.

Mine doesnt have those menu at bottom

Anyways i still prefer webOS to android because android doesnt even have a simple button on any screen to go back to main menu from within an application.
    (((EXAMPLE open setting and choose almost anything in there doesnt have a sub menu it will open but you will notice you have to close setting windows and then reopen it but not back to where you were its from the begining of list )))))
    Perhaps you need to get more familiar with ICS, the back arrow on the lower left corner of the screen will take you back from whence you came.

Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I installed it and played. Its nice but I wanted to use ICS "natively". So, I uninstalled it. That's when the fun started. I know cannot get Market/Play working and I had to do a re-install of GAPP to get other apps in a stable state.

I've got a feeling I'm going to end up doing a complete re-install of CM9 sometime soon

Alan
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Task Changer Titanium

Here you are!

Main different from Task Changer PRO

- Faster
    - Better
    - WebOS action like Web Os original (icons that you can swipe up in order to kill tasks)
    - Menu options improved
    - Now if you change a visible option at menu you can see what are you doing.

- In order to close these screens you have to tap on title or at bottom, or you can swipe go back action. Home key doesn't work.

Remember, only for licensed users.

I hope you like this version.

Please, if you find any bug, write an email to pacosal@gmail.com in order to correct it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=KC24zeSJuv8

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hangertitanium
    Last edited by pacosal; 03/20/2012 at 01:57 PM.
    This has made my version of CM9 on my Touchpad unusable. can anyone tell me how to get rid of this Task Changer Pro app. I have ADB but it just says waiting for my device and will not uninstall the apk.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    To uninstall any app from CM9 go to settings/apps/all tap on the app you wish to uninstall and select uninstall.

Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    To uninstall any app from CM9 go to settings/apps/all tap on the app you wish to uninstall and select uninstall.

When i installed task changer pro, my android froze. I can get out of android but it won't boot up. Is ther a way to go into webos and delete this app? I need help!
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Mine too crashed.

Touchpad 32GB running CM9 Nightly 4-4
    Prior to installing TCP I had this setup

WebCM9
    132DPI
    Market Patch
    Charger Bar

Now the TP boots but I am unable to touch anything, except unlock and lock button (power button)

Edit1-
    I have reflashed the OS, Gapps, and 160DPI. Task Changer loads and locks me out of touching any app... I cant physically get to settings/apps/remove before the TCP loads, locking me out.

Is there a file I can delete anywhere that will prevent TCP from loading? HELP!

EDIT2-
    DO NOT INSTALL Task Changer PRO
    Go here to remove, if it is causing you lockup/crashes.
    Last edited by amrivlin; 04/06/2012 at 10:06 PM.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast