Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by japomani View Post
    This is pretty cool!

Is there a way to move the notifications and button bar to the top like it is in webOS?

That will make the bottom zone work much better I hope.
    Right now, no.

There's a way to cludge together a fix that will hide the bottom-bar, but it's not ideal. Right now there's no way to move the status bar to the top of the screen, although it is under investigation .
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Thanks,

After playing with it for a while, I wish task switcher pro was more responsive. TP is really quick to recognize a swipe from the bezel.

On ICS I have to swipe real slow and sometimes multiple times before it registers. Any ideas on how to speed it up?
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Considering how often Android apps go completely unresponseive and have to be force killed, i'd say a task killer is necessary. :|
    You must have a G2x, a Cliq, or some low end Android phone. I've had a Mytouch 4G for 16 months and don't have your issues. Also, it's good to reboot your phone more than once a month.
    Webos-Like?

Ok, I finally tried here and; to me, is... how can I say... "is as if was"...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Just a heads-up - Task Changer was updated yesterday and added a couple of new features. In particular the Show Memory bar and the Show Battery bar. They will show as thin colored lines across the top of your screen, they are apparently on by default and if they annoy you they can be turned off in settings at the very bottom.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    Just a heads-up - Task Changer was updated yesterday and added a couple of new features. In particular the Show Memory bar and the Show Battery bar. They will show as thin colored lines across the top of your screen, they are apparently on by default and if they annoy you they can be turned off in settings at the very bottom.
    Thanks for the heads up...updated it yesterday night and when i booted up with CM9 this morning...I was like OMG *** is wrong with my TouchPad...now for a sigh of relief.

Thanks again!

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    Hmm.. I thought the same! "Oh No.. screen defect!"

Annoying little addition.. turned it 'Off'!

Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    The chrome update broke it. There's a fix at rootzwiki that changes the build.prop to work with the update.
    Applied the 'fix'.. and updated 'Chrome' was fine .. but then 'GetJar' didn't recognise my 'phone' and now seems to be presenting me with a new 'phone-specific' set of Android apps to stare at! Something 'else' at work in this 'fix' methinks.. reverted to a backup + orig Chrome version!

PS. Also it has taken me a while to 'click' that the 'card' button brings up your recent ICS cards in changed format, without having to swipe in on a zone..

I wondered what those two bars were at the top!

Thanks for these instructions. I was rally in love with the webos flick away the cards system.
    Shoot the February 27th nightly build doesn't work with this mod. It makes the system user interface crash.
    Quote Originally Posted by paulieesther View Post
    Shoot the February 27th nightly build doesn't work with this mod. It makes the system user interface crash.
    Yes.. you said as much on the 'Get Started...' thread, where I suggested that it in fact it could be that this Mod doesn't 'work' with the Nightly's, as it may be Alpha 2 specific and also asked you whether you had anyway reinstalled the 'webOS-like App switcher' zip from Rootzwiki?

Nightly's & Alpha 2 were running different Kernels.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Yes.. you said as much on the 'Get Started...' thread, where I suggested that it in fact it could be that this Mod doesn't 'work' with the Nightly's, as it may be Alpha 2 specific and also asked you whether you had anyway reinstalled the 'webOS-like App switcher' zip from Rootzwiki?

Nightly's & Alpha 2 were running different Kernels.

Yes I normally reinstall the switcher after every time that I do a nightly update. That has worked until now. I was using the switcher .2 zip. Now I just downloaded the .3 zip but got the same result, "system ui has stopped working" when I reboot after reinstalling either version of the switcher.
    Yes I normally reinstall the switcher after every time that I do a nightly update. That has worked until now. I was using the switcher .2 zip. Now I just downloaded the .3 zip but got the same result, "system ui has stopped working" when I reboot after reinstalling either version of the switcher.
    OK.. it is likely Nightly 27 cusing glitches then.. maybe reinstall the earlier nightly (25?) that worked for you.. or 'Alpha 2' instead.

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Yep. same here on the 2/28 build. How to uninstall this app? Doesn't appear on any app list I can locate.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    There are new builds listed here [MOD] [PORT] WebCM9 0.3 - WebOS-like app switcher [2/29/12] [CM9] - RootzWiki which support two of the nightly builds, and it only takes a few minutes to wipe your two caches and reapply the nightly or go back to the stable A2 and apply the proper patch.

Yes.. and here:

WebCM9-Removal.zip

Or here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?qyyzwgcxz19yf

Depending upon which version?
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 02/29/2012 at 09:16 AM.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Yes.. or here:

WebCM9-Removal.zip

The WebCM9-Removal.zip link was removed from the support thread. I suspect that if it was run against a nightly it would be just as broken since it is replacing the patched files with the original files from the A2 stable build and not the nightly.

Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    The WebCM9-Removal.zip link was removed from the support thread. I suspect that if it was run against a nightly it would be just as broken since it is replacing the patched files with the original files from the A2 stable build and not the nightly.
    3 Mins Later: Yes.. there is one for each (above)!

Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Guess I need to stop commenting of fast moving targets.

Or I need to 'untarget' myself by moving a bit faster still!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast