webOS Nation Forums >  Other OS's and Devices >  Android on webOS > CM& or CM9 won't install after WebOSdoc
CM& or CM9 won't install after WebOSdoc

Old 02/24/2012, 10:24 AM   #1 (permalink)

Please help.....

After CM9 went wrong, my TP crashed and would not respond. So I used WebOS doc to rescue it, which worked fine, after sorting the 12% issue, with a thread on this forum.

But now I cannot reinstall CM9 or CM7.
The two penguins are displayed and text shoots up the screen, then stops at a line saying the availabe and actual kernal count is incorrect.
It then says Install failed, please reboot.

I have tried several times to reinstall CM9 or CM7 with no luck.
Any suggestions........
Jonspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/24/2012, 10:31 AM   #2 (permalink)

Ok couple things to try. Do note you will be kissing your USB data goodbye here so back it up if important!!!!

Go into preware and use the uninstall cm7 in there.

Nogo? Install Tailor to delete the the android partitions that are still there. Afterwards take that unpartitioned space and resize it to the USB partition. Dont worry about webOS for this app doesn't touch the var. Afterwards, run the 3.0.0 webOS doctor. Can get it here:

http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/touch...0hstnhwifi.jar

Then OTA back to 3.0.5 BEFORE re-installing CM7/9

Keep us posted.

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
addiarmadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/24/2012, 11:15 AM   #3 (permalink)

<thread moved>
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/24/2012, 11:40 AM   #4 (permalink)

Sounds like CM* is still in there yes.. how about running ACMEUninstaller from the command line on your PC?

Place the ACME file in Palm. Inc folder in Prog Files on PC and get TP into webOS recovery mode (big white USB symbol) before trying. That should leave webOS as is and remove ALL partitions & kernels etc installed by the previous CM* OS.. which in turn should allow you to REinstall it alright.

• Click on the Start Menu. Click on 'Run'
• Type “cmd” (without quotes) into the search box.
• A terminal window should open up.
• Type “cd c:\” (without quotes) and press enter to get to your root directory.
• To navigate to the correct directory, type “dir” and press enter to see a list of directories.
• On my computer, I next typed “cd Program Files” and hit enter, then “cd Palm, Inc” and hit enter again.
Enter the following command (without quotes) and hit return:
“novacom boot mem:// < ACMEUninstaller”.

I hope!

??

Last edited by Mutoidi; 02/24/2012 at 12:13 PM.
Mutoidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/24/2012, 01:42 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
Ok couple things to try. Do note you will be kissing your USB data goodbye here so back it up if important!!!!

Go into preware and use the uninstall cm7 in there.

Nogo? Install Tailor to delete the the android partitions that are still there. Afterwards take that unpartitioned space and resize it to the USB partition. Dont worry about webOS for this app doesn't touch the var. Afterwards, run the 3.0.0 webOS doctor. Can get it here:

http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/touch...0hstnhwifi.jar

Then OTA back to 3.0.5 BEFORE re-installing CM7/9

Keep us posted.
Thanks guys.
Tried ACMEuninstaller......still no luck.
Can you display step by step idiots guide for the above?
Old 02/24/2012, 01:52 PM   #6 (permalink)

OK.. No wories.. you never know till you try.. good luck with some of the alternatives on offer now anyway!

Mutoidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/24/2012, 02:14 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonspeed View Post
Thanks guys.
Tried ACMEuninstaller......still no luck.
Can you display step by step idiots guide for the above?
1. Ok first get the app Tailor from Preware or quickinstall. This app is kinda like partition magic for webos.

2. Then read up this wiki about the apps to familiarize yourself with this app found here: Application:Tailor - WebOS Internals

3. Then you will open the app Tailor to start nuking partitions. In the app you have a few boxes; the partions and select activity you focus with first. In the partitions box, delete the android partitions one by one. Tap on each android partition and then in the select activity box change activity to delete partition and hit the red button. Do this for all other android partitions. LEAVE THE USB MEDIA PARTITION ALONE, for now.

4. Now all the sudden you have some unused space that will be reincorporated into your USB media partion. Take note of the partition size for USB Media and Unused Space. You will get this info by tapping on each of these 2 and in the activity box jot down the partition size there in MiB. Now add those 2 together and the sum will be the new size of the USB partition you will do shortly.

***Do you have any USB data that you really want to save? Now is the time to back it up!***

5. Time to resize the USB partition back to stock. Tap on the USB (media) partition and in the activity box below do unmount partition. Next in activity box do check filesystem. After that, in the activity box select resize partition. For the partition size, take the sum you calculated in step 4 and input it in. Afterwards, do check filesystem again before mount partition back.

Thats it! There is a chance the resizing of the USB partition may have nuked some of your data there as this is a calculated risk. Reboot the device and try to install CM7/9 in. Make sure you are using ACMEInstaller2 with CM9.

Like I said earlier, if the install still fails, use tailor to make sure the android partitions are not there and run the 3.0.0 webos doctor from the link I gave you in my previous post.

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
addiarmadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/26/2012, 02:55 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
1. Ok first get the app Tailor from Preware or quickinstall. This app is kinda like partition magic for webos.

2. Then read up this wiki about the apps to familiarize yourself with this app found here: Application:Tailor - WebOS Internals

3. Then you will open the app Tailor to start nuking partitions. In the app you have a few boxes; the partions and select activity you focus with first. In the partitions box, delete the android partitions one by one. Tap on each android partition and then in the select activity box change activity to delete partition and hit the red button. Do this for all other android partitions. LEAVE THE USB MEDIA PARTITION ALONE, for now.

4. Now all the sudden you have some unused space that will be reincorporated into your USB media partion. Take note of the partition size for USB Media and Unused Space. You will get this info by tapping on each of these 2 and in the activity box jot down the partition size there in MiB. Now add those 2 together and the sum will be the new size of the USB partition you will do shortly.

***Do you have any USB data that you really want to save? Now is the time to back it up!***

5. Time to resize the USB partition back to stock. Tap on the USB (media) partition and in the activity box below do unmount partition. Next in activity box do check filesystem. After that, in the activity box select resize partition. For the partition size, take the sum you calculated in step 4 and input it in. Afterwards, do check filesystem again before mount partition back.

Thats it! There is a chance the resizing of the USB partition may have nuked some of your data there as this is a calculated risk. Reboot the device and try to install CM7/9 in. Make sure you are using ACMEInstaller2 with CM9.

Like I said earlier, if the install still fails, use tailor to make sure the android partitions are not there and run the 3.0.0 webos doctor from the link I gave you in my previous post.
thanks for your help. CM9 installed and running with apps market.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0