Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    So I set up alpha 2 with the latest gapps and everything went fine. I spent some time getting all the apps I have on my phone installed, set up my wifi, home screen, etc with no problem. I then tried to send an email, and no matter what I do when I start typing the address it closes the new message screen and goes back to the main email screen. No crash message or anything, it just seems like email restarts. Any thoughts?
    There's been problems reported about the EMail app; it's a known issue to Alpha 2. Are you using that or GMail?
    I'm having no issues whatsoever with sending and receiving mail. Are you using the right Gapps file?
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    It's the stock email app.

I used "gapps-ics-20120215-signed.zip" from the rootzwiki page, which at the time was the latest one listed for ICS. Seems to be a new one since then today.
    Im not have any issues with that. Sometimes the upgrade may require you to hard reset to clear out old data that should not be there.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I had the stock email linked to my exchange account. Since the upgrade to Alpha 2, it says "The exchange service is stopped" and the email app isn't installed.

So, they broke something.

K-9 mail still works to my IMAP email.

Alan
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if there is a fix for this.

Or, where i can re-install the original Android email program?

thanks

alan
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    For whatever reason, after a reboot back into web os then into cm9 again my email now works fine. Guess its just alpha weirdness.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I'll try that. Thanks

Alan
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    no change. i also tried reloading the gaap file. no change.
    Use the gmail app, not the stock CM9 mail app. That's what you're installing with the gapps file, you are installing GOOGLE apps to take the place of stock apps like the "mail" application.

I'm assuming you're trying to mail out of the stock "mail" app rather than the gmail app. The stock app is a bit buggy and not worth bothering with.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    where is the gmail app? will it sync to my hp exchange account?

edit- found it.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    it doesnt seem to want to create a link to my exchange account.

alan
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rennock View Post
    There's been problems reported about the EMail app; it's a known issue to Alpha 2. Are you using that or GMail?
    CM9 Alpha2 broke my email app's ability to send. I use Exchange server. It was working great up until the upgrade. Several reboots still haven't fixed it.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I have tried GMAIL - but it won't link to my Exchange service.
    I have tried K-9 mail but the layour is horrible (for me).

I actually liked the android email layout - folders on the left and mails on the right. I'm tempted to go back to Android 0.6 just because of this - unless someone knows of a fix.

Alan