Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By eblade
  • 1 Post By rennock
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    In WebOS all the individual pictures for android widgets/apps are cluttering the pictures app. It's pics of each possible view of clock apps and a lot of logos for various things. It's kind of trivial and having a tablet that runs 3 OSs is worth the mess but are there any workarounds folks have found? Or am I just doing it wrong?
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    the media indexer picks up all recognised files pics/music/etc in all folders that arent hidden from webOS.

(DIR) Stuff
    webelement1.jpg
    webelement2.png

these would be indexed

(DIR) .Stuff
    webelement1.jpg
    webelement2.png

these would not be indexed as the directory name begins with a period, webOS treats it as sort of hidden/not there unless referenced directly by an app.
    I to find that annoying in both android and webos, i'm wondering if it's just down to lazy app development.

Just be cautious putting a period before the directory name, as it will more than likely cause problems for the android app that created the directory.
    Touchpad Handbrake Video Settings:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...eset-dvds.html

My collection of backgrounds for WebOS:
    http://s1141.photobucket.com/albums/...%20Wallpapers/
    It would be nice if the CM install had an option to use a hidden directory within the /media/internal partition to put all it's stuff in, instead of cluttering it up directly.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    You can use Internalz on these such files and folders and check off the option "Mask from webOS."
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHighwayman View Post
    I to find that annoying in both android and webos, i'm wondering if it's just down to lazy app development.
    To a point... these are two operating systems that were never designed to run side-by-side. Directory structure and file-naming conventions in Android are different than in webOS, despite both having Linux as a jumping off point.
    geekpeter likes this.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    You can use Internalz on these such files and folders and check off the option "Mask from webOS."
    Unfortunately that adds a period at the start of the directory which has caused the widgets to be unavailable for CM9, I think cluttered pics might just be a worthwhile sacrifice.
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    It would be nice if the CM install had an option to use a hidden directory within the /media/internal partition to put all it's stuff in, instead of cluttering it up directly.
    I would think this should be easily doable since Dr Podder is even programmed with a toggle to hide from webOS or to not hide from webOS. With the insane amount of coding that goes into CM, this seems like a simple one.

My only thought is the hard core CM guys are doing this to run Android primarily, not to boot to webOS, so it's a non-issue for them. A lot of folks bought the TP just for the future capability of CM.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...