Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    Any idea when Netflix will be available on CM9?

    Currently on CM7, and looking to upgrade to CM9 however there was a lot of missing functionality on CM9. Is the camera fixed on CM9? Anything else worth noting before going to CM9?

    Sorry, I looked but didn't find a nice compiled list of issue and fixes on CM9 yet.

    Thx in advance.
  2. #2  
    Netflix works Now.
  3.    #3  
    Great to know!!!!

    Was the camera and battery life issues also addressed with the latest version?
  4. #4  
    still no camera, not sure about the battery life, just installed mine now
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
  5. #5  
    Battery life seems to get better all the time. The camera doesn't work but there is some hope that it may eventually (the issue is it's a camera with a closed-source driver, but there are some open-sourced devices hitting that may share a camera, or webOS going open source may provide an open source driver to cherry-pick). Without a driver, it would require some extra reverse-engineering for ICS, and right now the devs are focused on more important aspects of the device .
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

    Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldog-yota View Post
    Great to know!!!!

    Was the camera and battery life issues also addressed with the latest version?
    The battery life is still pitiful but I can say that for any tablet running android.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

    www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    The battery life is still pitiful but I can say that for any tablet running android.
    I use greenpower and haven't really experienced any terrible battery issues with alpha 2.... Then again, I run with very low brightness and have things like bluetooth off... Have you tried a battery management program like greenpower? Might help.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

    Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    I use greenpower and haven't really experienced any terrible battery issues with alpha 2.... Then again, I run with very low brightness and have things like bluetooth off... Have you tried a battery management program like greenpower? Might help.
    ah nice another app that wants to read phone call stats i looked at that app and tbh it doesnt do a single thing useful, all it does is turn off your data (pointless on touchpad) wifi or bluetooth eventually if not used for a while, i doesnt really do a hell of a lot you cant manually do anyways.

    the biggest battery saver as you said is usually screen brightness, and gonvor type stuff that lower the cpu speed/voltages/etc, even the paid for version of that app wants access to phone logs.

    its savings for a touchpad if any seem minor, there looks like safer app alternatives like Bataria and a few more that dont want insane access to your devices, its just a case of wadign through heaps of garbage to find that 1 or 2 apps that are worth it.
    Last edited by geekpeter; 02/24/2012 at 12:10 PM.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    ah nice another app that wants to read phone call stats i looked at that app and tbh it doesnt do a single thing useful, all it does is turn off your data (pointless on touchpad) wifi or bluetooth eventually if not used for a while, i doesnt really do a hell of a lot you cant manually do anyways.

    the biggest battery saver as you said is usually screen brightness, and gonvor type stuff that lower the cpu speed/voltages/etc, even the paid for version of that app wants access to phone logs.

    its savings for a touchpad if any seem minor, there looks like safer app alternatives like Bataria and a few more that dont want insane access to your devices, its just a case of wadign through heaps of garbage to find that 1 or 2 apps that are worth it.
    Not that it's a huge deal - but "phone call stats" is fairly irrelevant since it's a tablet without a phone . I also tend to think many of those warnings are a bit overblown - for example, this "phone call stats" requirement is for the program to automatically detect if you are on the phone. Many programs operate differently when you are on a phone call, pausing themselves for example. It's not doing anything a typical webOS program wouldn't. On the same coin, if you're REALLY worried about it, there are programs out there that can kill these assorted permissions and prevent apps from accessing this sort of thing. Hell, if I'm not mistaken CM9 even has the ability to kill permissions and spoof permissions somewhere in it's settings (not in front of my touchpad right now or I'd dig up the specific place to find this - I don't really particularly worry about it myself as I don't use the touchpad for anything sensitive).

    The biggest thing greenpower seems to do is automatically kick wifi off and on at longer intervals than normal to keep your notifications coming in without eating as much battery as stock settings would. It just generally works, I've used it for quite awhile and feel pretty good about my battery life so I figured I'd suggest it.

    Undervolting/adjustments are something I haven't even bothered with (hell, I run overclocked) and my battery life has been fairly solid. Not quite webOS-quality yet, but getting there.
    Last edited by ncinerate; 02/24/2012 at 01:18 PM.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

    Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Not that it's a huge deal - but "phone call stats" is fairly irrelevant since it's a tablet without a phone . I also tend to think many of those warnings are a bit overblown - for example, this "phone call stats" requirement is for the program to automatically detect if you are on the phone. Many programs operate differently when you are on a phone call, pausing themselves for example. It's not doing anything a typical webOS program wouldn't. On the same coin, if you're REALLY worried about it, there are programs out there that can kill these assorted permissions and prevent apps from accessing this sort of thing. Hell, if I'm not mistaken CM9 even has the ability to kill permissions and spoof permissions somewhere in it's settings (not in front of my touchpad right now or I'd dig up the specific place to find this - I don't really particularly worry about it myself as I don't use the touchpad for anything sensitive).

    The biggest thing greenpower seems to do is automatically kick wifi off and on at longer intervals than normal to keep your notifications coming in without eating as much battery as stock settings would. It just generally works, I've used it for quite awhile and feel pretty good about my battery life so I figured I'd suggest it.

    Undervolting/adjustments are something I haven't even bothered with (hell, I run overclocked) and my battery life has been fairly solid. Not quite webOS-quality yet, but getting there.
    bound to be some that pair their phone to tablet? im assuming that works the same as webOS? cant actually say ive tried pairing my pre3 to android as i simply dont trust it 1 little bit, i mostly use it for netflix and the odd game tbh or as a curiosity piece.

    Not worrying about what they do tho, yeah some may indeed be safe and some may be doing other things, we just seriously cant tell, considering the type of data their potentially handling (personal stuff and other peoples personal numbers) im more inclined to assume the worst every time for safety reasons, if it were less direct personal data like what webpages ive been to etc then meh fair one.

    Just for that reason i onyl install apps that require the absolute basics of what they should be touching, its probably why mine looks considerably less "awesome" than my friends/familys android experience as they dont even look at permissions and just click install blindly when they find anything that does what they want.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Battery life seems to get better all the time. The camera doesn't work but there is some hope that it may eventually (the issue is it's a camera with a closed-source driver, but there are some open-sourced devices hitting that may share a camera, or webOS going open source may provide an open source driver to cherry-pick). Without a driver, it would require some extra reverse-engineering for ICS, and right now the devs are focused on more important aspects of the device .
    Thx for the useful info.

    Not sure about the camera driver as the camera works fine on CM7 with mine.

    Will keep the battery app in mind when I go CM9, on CM7 I find the battery to be very similar to WebOS, but I did go into CM settings and turned a bunch of unneeded stuff off. Also used auto brightness and no overclocking of any kind.
  12.    #12  
    Forgot to ask, on CM7 it got weird after installing 40 or so apps and moving them to the SD. Does CM9 still suffer form this issue on the TP?
  13. #13  
    I think Android as a whole suffers from that sort of thing.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  14. #14  
    Any word on when the mic will be working on cm9?

Posting Permissions