Global Posts
    335 Global Posts
    So I've upgraded from CM7 to CM9 and I'm very impressed. My one problem I've had from CM9 .06 alpha and now CM9 2.0 is that I can't figure out how to put the touchpad in USB mode. I've checked that MPN mode or whatever it is but still no luck.
    http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html

Step #6

you want to transfer files back and forth from the CM9 touchpad you might have difficulty figuring out how exactly to do it. Here's how you pull it off:

First, tap on your app drawer in the top right of the screen (the little checkerboard). Now, select the "settings" icon.

Now tap on storage on the left-hand pane.

Finally, the tricky part - tap on the 3 squares at the VERY top right of your screen. It will bring down a little drop-down menu for USB computer connection. Tap it and put a checkmark in the "Media Device MTP" box.

Now you can plug your touchpad into the computer at will and transfer files back and forth from it. Easy as pie, I'm not sure why this isn't activated by default, but it's a simple fix if you know what to do.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    335 Global Posts
    I've done the steps listed above and still nothing. Touchpad still doesn't mount in CM9.
    Quote Originally Posted by myPad5 View Post
    I've done the steps listed above and still nothing. Touchpad still doesn't mount in CM9.
    Make your way to "Developer options" and uncheck "USB Debugging".

I've heard some peoples touchpads have this checked and it can stop the TP from mounting.

If that doesn't work, I'm not actually sure why you are having trouble. Mine has worked from the get-go.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Global Posts
    335 Global Posts
    Ok. I went in to "Developer options" and it is unchecked. Still not able to get it to mount so I have no clue what's up. Thanks for the info anyway.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Same thing happened to me with A0.6. Was fixed when I updated to A2.
    Global Posts
    335 Global Posts
    I've always had this problem. The only way I'm able to get the Touchpad to mount is boot in webos. I don't understand what could be preventing it to mount in CM9.
    I upgraded from Alpha 0.6 to 2.0 this weekend, (some problems with WiFi, cleared that up). Had no problem getting it to go into USB mode. The screen on CM9 did not change (if that is what you are looking for - no usb symbol like on webos) but I was able to see the device through 'My Computer' on the windows box and was able to drag and drop without a problem....
    Global Posts
    335 Global Posts
    Thanks xnavybum for that info. I've been waiting for the hard drive to mount and be seen on the desktop.
    just download airdroid. you wont need a usb cable to transfer files from pc to tp
    Quote Originally Posted by myPad5 View Post
    Thanks xnavybum for that info. I've been waiting for the hard drive to mount and be seen on the desktop.
    Oh, so you're saying it's been working the whole time and you can get files onto the TP now?

Awesome .
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Global Posts
    335 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acsian View Post
    just download airdroid. you wont need a usb cable to transfer files from pc to tp
    What about TP to Mac?
    Global Posts
    335 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Oh, so you're saying it's been working the whole time and you can get files onto the TP now?

Awesome .
    Haven't tried it yet. I've just connected to my laptop and waited and waited to see the mounted disk icon on my screen
    Hurrah, #3 told me how to correct my problem. I also have what is described in #4. I deselect it, go to #3 and I can connect cable between devices. Question: 1) My CM9 tablet now shows up as a media center. I then open it up and get to my SD card. Should I be concerned that my tablet is not showing up as ??. Can't remember - maybe hp touchtab. If so, how do I fix?

Comment: I do nightly download directly from the site to my tablet download folder. Then follow directions to implement. Very easy. And then I delete it.

This message thread was very helpful. TU
    Last edited by Richard443; 03/09/2012 at 01:22 PM. Reason: corrrected word.