Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kaerey
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I am running Alpha 2.0.

Today, I thought I'd try the 120dpi patch to see how it looks. overall, i feel like some things look much better...sharper, cleaner...but others just look a bit too pixelated, and some are just too small.

I see in the settings that there are likely to be some changes coming down the line that will allow you to customize your icons and other appearance settings. that could end up being a nice ability. as it is, with 120dpi, i feel like my icons are a BIT too small, although that does allow me to put lots and lots of them out there on the home screen.

just wondering what others' thoughts are about the pros/cons of either the 120 or 160 settings?
    I'm curious about this as well. I know ICS is doing things totally different as far as DPI goes but I wish the developers would get this settled. I've been experimenting with dpi changer app and if you use the tp native dpi which I hear is 132, well things don't fit. About 140 seems better but some things are still out of wack. This is one of the main things I would like to see solved in the next alpha, aside from audio and camera haha. We shall see.

Right now I'm just keeping it at the 160 for the time being (Alpha 1) and just being patient for them to get this fixed. They're doing a rocking job.
    I've tried 120 and 160. I like the size of 120 but the apps don't layout well. 160 seems to be the best compromise.
    Would anybody be kind enough to put up a comparison screenshot please?
    Touchpad Handbrake Video Settings:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...eset-dvds.html

My collection of backgrounds for WebOS:
    http://s1141.photobucket.com/albums/...%20Wallpapers/
    You can try an app called LCDDensity to easily set your pixel density. I use this on my Galaxy Tab (original 7") running CM7.
    I have alpha 2 and the LCD density program. Everything looks great @120dpi IMO- however, the screen sizes are larger than the display size which is odd... so in other words... Clean slate, clean screans, install a new app and its off the viewable area ...you just just barely see the icon as you swipe from screen to screen.

I dont know how to fix that..
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stussy2870 View Post
    I have alpha 2 and the LCD density program. Everything looks great @120dpi IMO- however, the screen sizes are larger than the display size which is odd... so in other words... Clean slate, clean screans, install a new app and its off the viewable area ...you just just barely see the icon as you swipe from screen to screen.

I dont know how to fix that..
    That sounds more like a Launcher Problem. Try changing the number of columns and rows for your launcher. Here are my screens:

Post your Ice Cream Sandwich CM9 Homescreen/Setup - RootzWiki - Page 18

at 120 dpi, a few screens lower you can see one where the bottom bar is a bit larger in proportion, and that's I think 160.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    DemonHighwayman likes this.
    132dpi isn't a resolution that ICS supports, so it's not the fault of the CM team, they have given us the best options they can just now. I think it would be a lot of work for them to add in a 132dpi setting as they would need to mess around with all sorts of other OS code.
    Who knows maybe Jellybean will have the magic 132dpi we all need ! I just can't see us getting it in ICS.
    Touchpad Handbrake Video Settings:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...eset-dvds.html

My collection of backgrounds for WebOS:
    http://s1141.photobucket.com/albums/...%20Wallpapers/
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey View Post
    That sounds more like a Launcher Problem. Try changing the number of columns and rows for your launcher. Here are my screens:

Post your Ice Cream Sandwich CM9 Homescreen/Setup - RootzWiki - Page 18

at 120 dpi, a few screens lower you can see one where the bottom bar is a bit larger in proportion, and that's I think 160.
    I think it is a problem with the launcher. I use "Go Launcher for Pad" and the icons always stay on the screen no matter what the dpi.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHighwayman View Post
    132dpi isn't a resolution that ICS supports, so it's not the fault of the CM team, they have given us the best options they can just now. I think it would be a lot of work for them to add in a 132dpi setting as they would need to mess around with all sorts of other OS code.
    Who knows maybe Jellybean will have the magic 132dpi we all need ! I just can't see us getting it in ICS.
    It's very easy to set the dpi to 132.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    hello,

when I choose 120 dpi , I can see about one row & one column in the launcher hidden...
    When I scroll, I see icons, that otherwise aren't accessible anymore...
    anyway to fix the launcher?
    tx
    I used the launcher density modder app and I can see the differences instantly I am currently at 130.
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)