1.    #1  
    I'm on CM9 alpha 0.6. I notice there's a considerable amount of battery drain. If I leave the touchpad off of touchstone overnight, it only makes a small dent in battery when I wake up. If I do the same with CM9, I wake up to find that my battery is in the red zone, soon to die. This occurs even when I close everything (via recent app list, which may not close everything).

Anyone have any idea what might be running in the background that I don't know about?
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    I'm on CM9 alpha 0.6. I notice there's a considerable amount of battery drain. If I leave the touchpad off of touchstone overnight, it only makes a small dent in battery when I wake up. If I do the same with CM9, I wake up to find that my battery is in the red zone, soon to die. This occurs even when I close everything (via recent app list, which may not close everything).

Anyone have any idea what might be running in the background that I don't know about?
    Yes CM9 alpha .0.6 is real bad on battery life and my touchpad would not charge normally.
    While on CM7 I could keep the touchpad charged all day with just a USB connection but CM9 would continue to loose charge even if it was still plugged in to the my computer. I removed CM9 and doctored WebOS back to a clean slate and tried alpha 0.6 again and the problem was still present. I was about to go back to CM7 until I noticed CM9 Alpha 1 came out today. After another system wipe I installed "CM9 alpha 1" and the battery problem is gone.
    Other bugs fixes also

[Release][Alpha1] CyanogenMod 9 Touchpad - RootzWiki
    Global Posts
    335 Global Posts
    I've just upgraded to CM9 Alpha 2 and still notice a considerable battery drain
    a decent battery app helps. Android is really big on always checking your various web services - email, twitter, Facebook, etc. Installing Juice Defender or Green Power etc, will prevent constant syncing, and restrict it to four or five times an hour. I can run mine all day.
    I was reading over on rootzwiki where someone had an 8% discrepancy between their battery % remaking status between webos and android. One person recommended charging fully and then going into clockwork mode and wiping battery stats to reset them.

That got me thinking about a few battery issues.

Does anyone think it makes a difference what mode you charge in? Is it more beneficial to charge in webos mode over Android mode?

How many of you use a battery booster type of app to extend life between charging? If so, what do you use?

I also downloaded the battery indicator app by darshan computing to detail battery life % in the bar at the bottom of the tablet. I like seeing the actual percentage count down by 1% increments over the blue battery indicator in the corner.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kjzz12 View Post
    a decent battery app helps. Android is really big on always checking your various web services - email, twitter, Facebook, etc. Installing Juice Defender or Green Power etc, will prevent constant syncing, and restrict it to four or five times an hour. I can run mine all day.
    Where would you find these out of curiosity, just on the app store I guess?

And I don't suppose any of those battery saving apps would just kill off synching, as I don't have twitter or facebook and rarely get any emails with the gmail I linked it to, so if they're major causes of battery drainage when I don't even use those things, that'd be a bit annoying.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    For me, battery life on CM 9 Alpha 2 has been fine, and I have not had problems charging on the TouchStone. Have you tried charging with the regular power cord instead of the TouchStone?