1.    #1  
    I'm having trouble connecting my pre3 to my cm9 touchpad via Bluetooth they both pair but won't connect , anyone able to solve this.
    Cheers for any info :-)
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I pair my Pre3 by turning on Bluetooth on both devices, setting the Touchpad into discovery mode, then the Pre3 displays a question with a number to confirm it is the proper device. You may have to unpair the Pre3 on the Touchpad each time when you start up. I don't know if there is an android app to share SMS with the phone.
    I did use PreGo GPS(free) to go with the Bluetooth GPS app on the Touchpad. You should have the option to connect to the Pre3 after pairing. Once connected try the Navigation app. Have Wifi working on the touchpad, enter a destination. It will generate a route. Then get in the car and go. You will have turn by turn voice directions, the route maps are cached, so no need to tether for internet access, and your map is big, maybe more fun for a passenger to look at. I'm sure these instructions are somewhat incomplete, but using the Pre3 as an external GPS while using google navigation on the CM9 touchpad is amazing... I'll try the Veer next, is nice and small, stays on the Touchstone in the car better...
    Casio BOSS->Palm Pilot Professional->Palm M500->Treo 600-> Treo 680->Treo Pro (TP) ->HP Veer<->HP TP<->Pre3<>HP TP 4G
    Conn 6H-> Bach 36->Bach 16L (high Bb plays really flat?(fixed thanks to **** Akright))-> New York Bach 6viii
    Scalpel->Scope->Aesop->Hermes->Sidne->Davinci S>Davinci Si
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdoc View Post
    I pair my Pre3 by turning on Bluetooth on both devices, setting the Touchpad into discovery mode, then the Pre3 displays a question with a number to confirm it is the proper device. You may have to unpair the Pre3 on the Touchpad each time when you start up.
    I'm having the same problem as the OP. I've successfully paired in the past, but can't get it to work consistently. Is there any way to get cm9 to "forget" paired devices and start fresh?
    What are you trying to do tat needs a pre to pair via but with an androidified touchpad.?
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    What are you trying to do tat needs a pre to pair via but with an androidified touchpad.?
    Well as the one poster above posted, using the phone as external GPS.

Also, phone calls, SMS, and possibly BT keyboard (not sure if this is an option in CM9).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Well as the one poster above posted, using the phone as external GPS.

Also, phone calls, SMS, and possibly BT keyboard (not sure if this is an option in CM9).
    Phone calls nd SMS too like in webos?! Can you pls point me to the app?

Thanks! :-)
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Like I said, not sure if that is an option in CM9. Depends on what BT profiles are supported.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Does anyone has experience with connecting the Pre3 by PreGo with the HP Touchpad in Cyanogenmod 9 and Navigon navigationsytem or CoPilot?

I connected it today by Bluetooth and i set the GPS to use the GPS from the Pre3. It worked fine, but i was not able since now to get a Navigon or CoPilot running stable.

Maybe i have to fix something... :-)