Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Balooz
  • 1 Post By pa49
  1.    #1  
    Surely, if they can get CM9 onto the Touchpad then they can get it onto the pre. i mean, same webOS operating system underneath....any reason this hasn't been worked on?
    but not the same hardware as the touchpad.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    golly I hope not! That would be a waste of a pre! What a shame ruin superior OS by installing (shiver) androids.
    tovivekmishra likes this.
    This has already been asked in the past.

Really... WHY?

There are plenty of android handsets already at your disposal. No point porting android to pre. Plus, pre hardware is major suckage.
    Quote Originally Posted by bonilla555 View Post
    Last I heard webOS is dead and there is a good reason for that.
    The OS is great. The only "good" reason is the bad hardware that the og pre came with.
    Quote Originally Posted by bonilla555 View Post
    imo it has a lot more to do with bad hardware. The TP hardware is not bad at all but using webOS with it seems liek it is slow but the real problem is with webOS.
    if u dont like webOS ..do a favor to us..dont waste ur as well as ours time..be happy i what u have..
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tovivekmishra View Post
    if u dont like webOS ..do a favor to us..dont waste ur as well as ours time..be happy i what u have..
    This particular forum is called ANDROID on Touchpad so its a little out of place to snipe at anyone who has a dislike for WebOS!!!???
    It would seem like you could be the timewaster candidate and your comments would be more appropriate in the WebOS forum.
    olivercorb likes this.
    Probably not enough Pres out there in the wild to justify someone working on a port. The only reason the TP got one is because of the units pushed out during the Firesale.

And as was mentioned before, the Pre doesn't have the horsepower to run Gingerbread and retain any semblance of usability. Pre screen is pretty small too, not sure I'd want to poke around Android in anything smaller than 3.5", and even that is pushing it. There are some nice keyboarded phones out there running Android, give one of those a shot
  9.    #9  
    It isn't that i want to replace webOS, it would just be interesting to see if it is possible, and how well my pre3's hardware would run android. plus, the benefit of all the apps...

for people saying why would i want to replace webOS with android, i'd say its for the apps. same as why i put android on my touchpad.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by corbey94 View Post
    It isn't that i want to replace webOS, it would just be interesting to see if it is possible, and how well my pre3's hardware would run android. plus, the benefit of all the apps...

for people saying why would i want to replace webOS with android, i'd say its for the apps. same as why i put android on my touchpad.
    Ah so you were refering to android on a Pre3 and not a Pre?
    Different kettle of smoked salmon.
    I would love to see it on my oc'd (1.9 Ghz) Pre3 and make a lot of people envious.
    Its a great phone and Android would make it better.
    There's only a very small number of pre3's in the wild. Not even many pre 2's. I seriously doubt you're going to see enough DEV interest to get Android ported over.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    There's only a very small number of pre3's in the wild. Not even many pre 2's. I seriously doubt you're going to see enough DEV interest to get Android ported over.
    Well HP sold all their stock so I wonder how many that would be?
    They launched it on O2 in the UK so there may be more than you'd think.