1.    #1  
    Ok, talk to me like I am a 5 year old here. I have updated to 3.05 and I have noticed that some of the patches I installed with an earlier OS version are not working. e.g the enhanced features when you hold down the top button and the window appears with options to go to airplane mode, luna restart and full restart among others. I know that the fixes are forthcoming, but that is not my ultimate question.

What I want to know is with my current OS state, can I go ahead and follow the steps listed on the get started guide that lets you put Android on the TP? Should I wait until the patches come out or should I remove the old ones? If I should remove them how do I know which ones are already installed and how do I remove them? Remember 5 year old here.

If I can install CM9 how does it use the internal memory? Do I specify how much to partition or does it split it down the middle or will all available memory be accessible on either OS? Again 5 years old.

I originally bought my TP when the fire sale started but I also bought it because I heard about the Android rumors and thought it would be a less expensive alternative than buying the more expensive Android pads the size of the TP.

I did read the get started guide and I know that there are some warnings and precautions but I am asking these questions because I want to be double sure about these things before going any further.

Thanks so much for any and all help.
    What you do in Android (CM7/CM9) does not affect what you do in WebOS. The only way you can affect the other system is if you mess around with partitions manually, which you would know if you were.

CM7/CM9 will allocated 2gb for its own use (I think) and that's also work as a virtual sd card.

All in all, follow the instructions and you'll be fine. It's hard to screw up, and even if you do, not difficult to go back.
    You should be fine. I botched the install 3 or 4 times in a row.....distracted Sunday, football games, company over, a few beverages, etc.......and managed to pull it off the following day with no issues.

Just make sure you read the instructions and follow them to the letter.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    <thread moved>
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...