1.    #1  
    I had to doctor my TouchPad and now I don't get the boot menu to choose which OS to boot into. Fortunately, it is webOS that the TouchPad is booting into, but I would like to be able to boot to 'Cynogenmod 7' too at times. What is it that I need to do, to get the boot menu back at startup? Do I need to re-install 'memboot'?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  2.    #2  
    Update: I re-installed moboot with the "novacom boot mem:// < uImage.moboot_0.3.5" command. But, although I now have a boot menu showing up, all it gives, are the following options:
    1. boot webOS
    2. boot webOS Recovery
    3. reboot
    4. shutdown

There is no option to boot into Cynogenmod 7. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Update: I re-installed moboot with the "novacom boot mem:// < uImage.moboot_0.3.5" command. But, although I now have a boot menu showing up, all it gives, are the following options:
    1. boot webOS
    2. boot webOS Recovery
    3. reboot
    4. shutdown

There is no option to boot into Cynogenmod 7. Any ideas?
    I'd suggest just re-installing cyanomod rather than trying to figure out how to boot into it. It only takes a couple minutes and saves you a world of annoyance . Hell, while your at it you could join us in cm9!
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    I'd suggest just re-installing cyanomod rather than trying to figure out how to boot into it. It only takes a couple minutes and saves you a world of annoyance . Hell, while your at it you could join us in cm9!
    I suppose re-installing cynogenmod is the final resort. The reason I hesitate to do so, is only because I am not sure how that would effect all the settings I had made and also that I probably have to re-download all the apps etc. I presume it's the same as doctoring on webOS. As for CM9, it's too early in the alpha stage for my liking. I'd rather wait a while before boarding that ship.

Why did you have to doctor in the first place?

If you reflash CWM, you can get the ClockworkMod and then restore your backup that you made of CM7.

You *did* a CM7 backup, didn't you????
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jblather View Post
    Why did you have to doctor in the first place?

If you reflash CWM, you can get the ClockworkMod and then restore your backup that you made of CM7.

You *did* a CM7 backup, didn't you????
    I doctored (webOS) because I was having issues with installing certain patches after the 3.0.5 OTA update and the move to AUSMT.

I have re-installed ClockworkMod, but that too is not much help, since Android/CM7 seems nowhere to be found.

NO, i did NOT make a CM7 backup. I suppose I am spoiled by webOS and thus was neither aware, nor felt the need to backup the OS.

If you did not uninstall Android, then it should still be there.....it's just not showing up. If you reinstall CM7 using the same installation procedure to originally used, it should not overwrite any settings that are easily to recreate. In fact, I've done the same on many devices and everything is still there down to the wallpaper.
    At this point you don't have much to lose.