Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    I changed a setting in Cyboot (webOS) yesterday to boot to Android on next boot. I assumed this was a one off setting but now my TP is booting straight into CM9 every time I turn it on.

Any ideas I how Can get the boot menu to come up again? I can't get into webOS to change the Cyboot setting and I've not found a reboot to webOS option in CM9.

Thanks in advance
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Have found some useful options in Rom Manager (reboot into recovery) but the app seems to crash CM9 as soon as you try and do anything with it (same with Titanium Backup)
    You will need to reinstall moboot to fix this. I don't have time right now to search for the instructions, but if you do some searching on your own you will find it.
    Good luck.
    Hmmm.....after thinking about it a bit more, it may be that you have to reinstall clockwork recovery. It wouldn't hurt anything to reinstall both of them just to be sure.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Thanks for the reply. Was hoping to avoid this but not a big deal I suppose. Will give it a go later.

Not entirely sure how I'm gonna get the moboot file back into the cminstall folder without access to webOS but I'm sure I'll figure it out.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by P_Yiddy View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Was hoping to avoid this but not a big deal I suppose. Will give it a go later.

Not entirely sure how I'm gonna get the moboot file back into the cminstall folder without access to webOS but I'm sure I'll figure it out.

Thanks.
    Connect the TP to your computer using the USB cable. Then go into Settings>Storage and then in the upper right corner of the screen tap the Menu icon. Select the USB device option. Now you can use Windows Explorer to browse the TP's file structure. Just copy and paste the files from your computer to the cminstall folder. Make sure that those are the only files there when you are finished.
    Now when you run the ACMEInstaller2, it will reinstall only those two files.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeb2751 View Post
    Hmmm.....after thinking about it a bit more, it may be that you have to reinstall clockwork recovery. It wouldn't hurt anything to reinstall both of them just to be sure.
    You might be right. Managed to d/l moboot to CM9 and use File Expert to move it to the cminstall folder. Rebooted into USB mode, ran ACMEInstaller 2 to reinstall it but doesn't seem to have changed anything.

Will try the same thing with CW recovery.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Weird.

Reinstalled CW recovery and at first it didn't seem to have worked. Rebooted another time and the boot menu came up.

Anyway, all seems to be working again now. Have gone back into webOS and changed the option in Cyboot.

Thanks for your help. Appreciated
    Looks like there is a failsafe built into moboot to prevent boot loops. Hold down the home button while rebooting and it will let you choose where you would like to boot into. That took about 2 hours to figure out.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    You can change the default and timeout under /boot in the webos partition (internalz pro).
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nmulegend View Post
    Looks like there is a failsafe built into moboot to prevent boot loops. Hold down the home button while rebooting and it will let you choose where you would like to boot into. That took about 2 hours to figure out.
    Good to know for future reference. Thanks
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    Same thing hppend to me but i fixed the issue
    by booting into recovery forcing webOS to boot the with "cyboot" i changed some settings and now i have no issue
    Thank you for this. I had monkeyed with the "next boot" option and was in this situation. Even though Ncinerate said not to mess with other settings. I was worried that I would have to reinstall files but this worked with no issues.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    I did another test tonight. Set Cyboot to boot to Android on next boot and it got stuck in a loop again. Followed your instructions and got the boot menu back straight away.

Thanks again. Really useful tip
    I ran across a change log for that said that feature was added in late December so if it isn't working for anyone try finding the latest version. It won't fix the boot loop but should enable you to force the boot menu. My best guess is that there is something that hasn't been added back to the CM side to clear the next boot entry. Glad I could help out.