1.    #1  
    After auto-upgrade to 3.0.5, all patches from Preware did not work, so I uninstalled most of them via Preware followed by Luna Restart.

It still worked.

However, after removal of Baidu Chinese input and Device Restart, it bricked!
    Dark and cold screen appears.

On my device, there is moboot, CM7 and webos 3.0.5

I have tried all combination of home, center and volume button with AC adapter.
    1) Home + center
    2) Home + 10 x center
    3) Home + Volume+
    4) Home + Volume-

No combination works. No flashing LED on center button. No response from USB connection, so doctor would not work.

Is there any solution? Please kindly advise. Thanks.

List of Patches removed:
    Private Browsing
    Advance Reset Options
    Faster Card Animation
    Increase Touch Sensitivity
    Mojo FPS
    Mojo Tap
    More Standby Time
    Muffle System logging
    Reduce Minimum Brightness
    Remove Clear Bookmark
    Remove Dropped Packet logging
    Remove Tap Ripple
    Unset CFQ I/O
    Unthrotte Download
    Last edited by edward_2000_hk; 01/22/2012 at 05:10 AM.
    Download WebOS-Doctor 3.0.5 from your Palm-Account.

Press Power-Button + Volume up for doctoring
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by 44quattrosport View Post
    Download WebOS-Doctor 3.0.5 from your Palm-Account.

Press Power-Button + Volume up for doctoring
    Not work. No Response
    Try this:

dead touchpad?
    Quote Originally Posted by noxis View Post
    A key combo I learned from palm support was press and hold power button then press the centre button 10 times in a row while still holding power.

It took two goes of the above for me, first time I pressed them quite slowly, second time pressed them quite fast and it worked.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Try this:

dead touchpad?
    Recharging overnight, still no flashing light.
  6.    #6  
    No response at all!
    Quote Originally Posted by edward_2000_hk View Post
    No response at all!
    It is incredibly hard to brick a webOS device, but it can be done. It looks like your device won't even boot so your bootie may be corrupt. Follow the procedures under the "OMAP boot Procedures" section of this wiki:

Last Resort Emergency BootLoader Recovery - WebOS Internals

It was made for the Pre, so replace the word "castle" with "topaz" wherever it is used.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    It is incredibly hard to brick a webOS device, but it can be done. It looks like your device won't even boot so your bootie may be corrupt. Follow the procedures under the "OMAP boot Procedures" section of this wiki:

Last Resort Emergency BootLoader Recovery - WebOS Internals

It was made for the Pre, so replace the word "castle" with "topaz" wherever it is used.
    I am not familiar with linux... Would you please teach me what I can do?
    I am not familiar with linux... Would you please teach me what I can do?
    Darn, forgot the instructions were for Linux. Does anyone know if there are instructions for Windows?

---Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities (a great webOS app!)
    I thought I'd share what worked for me since after 3 days of pushing this and holding that, a hundred times and finally getting HP support to agree to replace my touchpad... I finally brought my touchpad back from the dead. I'm not sure what is relevant and what isn't but I'll share all that I can think of.

After having my touchpad on the touchstone or plugged in directly for 8 hours each, and trying multiple button combinations and just before I was to ship it back to HP for repair or replacement I.... took touchpad off charger, held the home button and pressed the power button rapidly about 10 times (its possible it was holding the power button and pressing the home button 10 times, but I don't think so). I saw the 1st signs of life in 3 days... A symbol of a plug flashed on the screen. I immediately put it on the touchstone charger and the battery lightning bolt charging symbol showed up. I charged for 6 hours and I now have my touchpad back and working normally.

Hope this helps someone.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I've seen this type of recovery reported a few times after a TouchPad appeared to be bricked for several days, and it happened to a friend of mine. I think what's happening is that the TouchPad is frozen in a state where it won't respond to anything and won't charge. Eventually the battery runs out, at which point it finally unfreezes and allows a charge.
    ^^ If you can get any kind of icon on the screen, leave it in that state and let the battery die. Then, just plug it in the wall charger and it should boot back.
    My touchpad has completely died. I have tried all manner of charging - wall, touchstone, usb, holding buttons in every combination for sometimes minutes at a time and feel like chucking it across the room right now. It shows nothing at all - froze, switched off and now a black cold dead screen all the time. Computer does not recoginse, have tried several USBs. Can anyone think of anything else to try? I will ring support tomorrow but so want it back to life!

I got it as a freebie on a mobile contract so don't know if it is American or British as I know that makes a difference to warranty. Please help.
    When I thought I had a dead touchpad and after trying all kinds of button presses, the thing that worked for me was to push in the micro-usb cable harder into the touchpad. I thought I had it connected well but apparently not b/c the adapter part went in further with a click. Then my touchpad started charging and that's when I knew that it was dead b/c the battery was completely out of juice.
    I am now similarly stuck. Left my touchpad unused, locked, with all radios turned off for a few weeks too long between charges. Now it won't respond even if left plugged in for over two days. It's like it can't charge without having any charge. I've tried Power+Home for as much as two minutes, Power+Home+VOlume Up, Power for long periods (like, I left it overnight, propped up to keep the power switch pressed...), Power+pressing home repeatedly, home+pressing power repeatedly, and even doctoring to kickstart it to life so it will charge. If I try to doctor it, it refuses to see the Touchpad when connected.

Any other things I can try?
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Ah, good ol' android. I would sell it and get yourself an android unit since that's what you were shooting' for to begin with. Your TP is angery you put droid on it and deemed you unworthy. :P
  17.    #17  
    Sent to HP Hong Kong last Saturday and HP has just replied that they are failed to repair my touchpad and cannot find any reason for the failure.

HP is too rubbish on warranty! As a palm user, it is ridiculous that a palm does not have global warranty.

I asked HP US via online chat support yesterday and the technician said all touchpads worldwide are the same but HP Hong Kong rejected the repair as US unit is difference from HK unit!

I am going to join a palm club tea gathering and see if any expertise can help. The worst solution is to send my touchpad to my US friend and seek for US warranty.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Semma2
    Just a guess here at the problem some people have had:

The TouchPad will not recognize the Touchstone or charge from it when the battery has been allowed to die completely. That will certainly happen within a week of non-use, even if the TouchPad is completely turned off. In that case you have to plug it in to the USB charger and wait for a while to build up a minimal charge. After a while you see the home button lights blinking, indicating that it is charging, but doesn't yet have enough power to turn on. A while longer, and the TouchPad will wake up.

Totally agree, the solution to a dead TP, is to do as Semma 2 suggested.

Another possible solution, which seems to speed up the fix, is to switch the mains charger off and on at the mains every 15 -20 mins for a number of times. It seems as if the TP goes into a deep hibernation. It also seems as if the TP doesn't recognise the charge current from the stand or the USB cable because it is protecting the TP from damage.

Switching the mains power on and off intermittently seems to perhaps send an initial charge that it accepts before closing the TP charging circuit off again. So by switching on and off a number of time it eventually lets enough power past the protection circuit to eventually enable the charging circuit again on a normal charging basis.

The TP will eventually only light up the notification LED, then the big battery charge icon will appear a little while later and then eventually the screen will come back on. HP wanted me to return mine when it happened to me and I fed this info back to them as they were not aware ths is a possible fix.

Do not send your TP back until you have tried this as it does work.

G
    I stumbled upon another solution that may help some people: Unplug the USB cable from TP, then re-plug for immediate result.

Last night my TP froze/locked, and I had to do a hard reset. I set it down to do something else, then came back later. To my surprise and chagrin, it wouldn't turn on and would not do another hard reset. I found this thread and tried the different button combos, but to no avail.

Finally, on a whim, and with no belief it would have any effect, I unplugged the USB cable from TP, then plugged it back in. Immediately I got the HP logo, and TP proceeded to boot up.

The Mini-USB connector had been fully and firmly inserted before, so that was not the problem. And the battery was fully charged, so that was not the issue either. I don't know why or how, but unplugging and re-plugging really seemed to do the trick. It's possible that the HP logo was a delayed reaction from one of the button combos I had used, but it would have been very delayed indeed, compared to hard resets I've done in the past.

Anyway, I hope this helps someone.
    Hi!
    I wanted to know i you managed to fix it. Because I accidentally deleted the booloader and wondered if you could help me with the Omap boot loader thing...
    thanks!
    hublolo