Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By laoh
  1.    #1  
    Just installed ICS alpha 0 last night. Seems to be pretty stable so far.

If anyone's interested, I'm already streaming videos from my PC to TP doing the following:

- "PS3 media server" on PC (I already had this). You don't need a PS3 to run this. It's open source, you can google it and find it.
    - UPnPlay - get it from Android market. This let's you find the media server and see your files from TP.
    - MX Video Player - get it from Android market. This will play the videos that you stream using UPnPlay. This thing plays anything. I love the gesture controls (swipe up/down to control screen brightness, left/right to rwd/ffd).

You can use other media servers and apps but these are just what many Android ppl use. Very smooth. It's not just for ICS. It will work on CM7 (Gingerbread) as well.
    croce and GreenHex like this.
    Do these all do the transcoding so we can stream different formats like how kalemsoft media streamer works?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    Subsonic will do that
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by kevets View Post
    Do these all do the transcoding so we can stream different formats like how kalemsoft media streamer works?

Yes, PS3 Media Server does real-time transcoding.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    ES File Explorer can see shared files on computers over wifi and stream them to your media players. It's very nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by jyjjy View Post
    ES File Explorer can see shared files on computers over wifi and stream them to your media players. It's very nice.
    And it don't need no server software installed on the computer. I use ES and MX video player, works great for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevets View Post

You are going to have issues setting up the PS3 Media Server for transcoding, unless something has changed since the last time I used it.

I went about this another way using the BubbleUPnPServer and the MX Video Player. The cool thing about this set-up is that it works in Linux vs the KMS/KMP setup which only works in Windows. However, the lack of hardware video acceleration in CM9 makes all options not worthwhile. My video streaming setup with KMS was super easy and the video quality on KMP is superior to just about everything I have seen on CM9 so far. Hopefully the CM team will figure out hardware acceleration soon.